600,000 xbox360 consoles blocked 4 chipping!!

Just read it, theyvecdone it in last couple of days I belive!

Indeed they have - and here's a linky http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8354166.stm

In a similar way Sony blocked anyone with custom firmware PSPs from accessing the store a while back. Load argued that they used CFW for emulation or homebrew, and still bought games, but regardless of that it still breaches the T&C of usage set out by the companies (and I speak as someone with a cfw psp - I also have one non-cfw to play legitimate games)

Yep. You break the rules, you live with the consequences. Noone to blame but themselves.

Life is less stressful when you don't try to get round everything!

...wonders if Bonjon's was one of those 600.000 :D

Looking fwd to bargain basement 360s coming up soon on the FS section, it'll allow me to replace all my xbox Mk1 media centers at a snip ;)

...wonders if Bonjon's was one of those 600.000 :D

Looking fwd to bargain basement 360s coming up soon on the FS section, it'll allow me to replace all my xbox Mk1 media centers at a snip ;)

Nah I can still play backup's on mine.

But as for live, that one can no longer play on it.

Seems everyone I know who flashed theirs are also banned off live, there is a way to change the eprom but its a pain, been a cheap 3 years had to end sometime, suppose what I get for being a filty dirty pirate, ah ha maties.

Edited by Bonjon

Ha ha, I was thinking the exact same thing! I wouldn't mind a 360 media centre to replace my old XBOX. :)

You do all know theres a way of playing 'backup' games without modifying the console at all don't you?

i'm not going to tell you how, for obvious reasons, but there are ways, and thats what me and my friends do :)

they try to ban every year....lol

thats why new firmware comes out often so modified consoles will always work...

just microsoft trying to worry people...

1.7 firmware is out very soon...currently been tested as we speak :hihi:

Mildly shocked at Ghozer :o

"We do not reveal specifics, but can say that all consoles have been verified to have violated the terms of use," the firm said in a statement.
So what if M$ ID's consoles by their MAC? Even with a new CFW, they'd still be barred from Live :huh:

EDIT - no, I do not want to know the how's and why's or a detailed discussion about copyright-infringing DRM-circumventing techniques. Just curious as to whether a console can be "reenabled" on Live after being barred?

EDIT - new article about this issue LOL, rarely have I seen a more apt case to use the term 'Freetard' :hihi:

Edited by L00b

Microsoft and Sony rip people off, they make millions £$ a year, look at modern warfare2, before it came out is was £40-45 quid, on the day of release morrisons and sainsburys where selling for £26 quid, they must make some right money on games:rant:

You do all know theres a way of playing 'backup' games without modifying the console at all don't you?

i'm not going to tell you how, for obvious reasons, but there are ways, and thats what me and my friends do :)

PM me on how you do this, ive heard the samething for someone else. theres a program that you use.

Mildly shocked at Ghozer :o

So what if M$ ID's consoles by their MAC? Even with a new CFW, they'd still be barred from Live :huh:

EDIT - no, I do not want to know the how's and why's or a detailed discussion about copyright-infringing DRM-circumventing techniques. Just curious as to whether a console can be "reenabled" on Live after being barred?

EDIT - new article about this issue LOL, rarely have I seen a more apt case to use the term 'Freetard' :hihi:

in short, yes theres a way around it, it involves more hacking of the consoles firmware, and finding the console ID of a 'dead' (and hence now unused) console and flashing the 'banned' console with modified FW with the other consoles ID, this is retained through updates as the current ID is read, and applied to updates. it's a lengthly and time consuming process, but its doable..

But I have never done it myself, or personally know anyone who has had it done, or know anywhere that does it.

and actually, I have never bought, or do I own any copied xBox games... my console is original, and still sealed, (the MS Sticker has never been broken or removed I mean)... A couple of friends do however, and they have brought the 'naughty' games round and played on my console without problems... this is what I meant l00b

Edited by Ghozer