What determines a legal boundary fence?

There is no legal minimum requirement. You could have fairy lights attached to prosthetic limbs if you so wished so long as it wasn't a danger to the public or exceed a certain height.

so what are you proposing to put up ?it might give people a idea

Hi

It is written in my deeds dated 1881 so can't got to original vendor. It is the neighbours that are insisting that the boundary fence is reinstated - whcih is not a problem to me at all as we were going to ut it back anyhow.

To cut a long story short

* I move in put up large wooden fence (boundary as per deeds) 13 years ago

* she grows plants on it and attachs a watering system for her plants

* fence continually falls down because of her rotting it away over this period

* we continually repair damaged bit of fence

* another post goes so fence panels have to be removed to replace post

* before wehave time (literally days) to fix it she puts up her own fence

* GREAT sod it i'll not bother

* 5 years later

* she parks in front of my garage and blocks us in/out - [art of continual harrassment by them toward us

* i purchase land off neighbour that we use to get to our garages (rear of our gardens)

* she doesn't belive I own it and keeps parking there

* I threaten her with parking enforcement

* she assaults my husband and makes threats on our lives by saying she will torch our house while we are in it

* police arrest her (my husband tells police to just warn her not arrest)

* last night I get a solicitors letter saying that she will sue me for trespass if I continue to use access to garage (which I own by the way) abd that she insists that in line with our deeds that I reinstate the boundary fence/wall

I will be building a 6ft brick wall - but I had wondered in the meantime what I could legally get away with until we can be bothered to do it!

thanks for all your help - sorry didn't really want to bore you with all the above but probably puts it more into perspective.

Interesting.

That'll be quite amusing if she does sue you for trespass then. Firstly because you own it, but even before that I assume you had a right of access.

Put up some Leylandii. The neighbours friend.

Interesting.

That'll be quite amusing if she does sue you for trespass then. Firstly because you own it, but even before that I assume you had a right of access.

Hi

yes very interesting. basically gave the solicitor a right old ear bashing for sending such a stupid letter and then emailed him my response to his letter with all the facts that she had left out!!! Basically ended with let her sue me then.

We have never had a row written into our deeds we have a perscriptive row exactly the same as she has.

thanks for all your help everyone

ooo forgot to say in all this as well - my other half is a chartered surveryor - go figure!