Forum Meet-Up Feedback

Hiya all - feeling a little delicate after last nights shindig

Pippa - I was snogging in the loo's all night on and off but I couldn't get anyone else to join me :lol:

Great to meet y'all - chatting was easier than I feared it might be.

Next time (isn't it 1st birthday of forum in dec?) should we try to have a laptop in the corner so we can log on and make a permanent record of our inane witterings?

Now what kind of person would take a laptop to an event where there will be beer and celebrations eh? :lol:

Maybe we should all get together in the same room and have a laptop each !!?

Dear Sir

I object in the strongest possible terms to the so called 'photographs' taken at our meeting. Why do people keep insisting that these 'pictures' represent anything meaningful? My memory is clear and unambiguous; these pictures are forgeries or worse!

As you doubtless remember - I am a 6'4" bronzed god of a man, with chiselled features and a golden, faintly glowing aura of sensitivity and intelligence. My rippling muscles and strong, clear countenance set the soft, rich colours of my clothes and the delicate opulence of my jewellery in a beautiful contrast.

But somehow your ten-bob box of trickery has painted my features to look - shudderingly ordinary! I take that as an accusation of delusions - a challenge to my very being.

I will not rest while this injustice remains. If it falls upon one poor heroic figure (me) to wield the simple sword of photoshop upon these photographs, so be it. I beseech you, sir, to alter these lithoplates to reflect the true reality of my majesty.

I remain, your humble servant

Dadda

I thought it would be cool to post 'come into the chatroom' ie classic rock bar during the meeting.

Glad you all had a good time and enjoyed yourselves.

Sorry I had to keep popping out, we had an impromptu event in the other room and one of the bar staff had a migraine so couldn't help so I had to keep popping through to serve! The joys of pub land.

Sass says he's glad you liked the food.

The contract on the pub runs out on the 1st November (and of course I'll let you know if we can get an extension) but if you want to meet there again - in room 2 which is quieter - then it'll have to be before November to be on the safe side, but that may be too soon.....or is it?

Originally posted by Dadda

Dear Sir

I object in the strongest possible terms to the so called 'photographs' taken at our meeting. Why do people keep insisting that these 'pictures' represent anything meaningful? My memory is clear and unambiguous; these pictures are forgeries or worse!

As you doubtless remember - I am a 6'4" bronzed god of a man, with chiselled features and a golden, faintly glowing aura of sensitivity and intelligence. My rippling muscles and strong, clear countenance set the soft, rich colours of my clothes and the delicate opulence of my jewellery in a beautiful contrast.

But somehow your ten-bob box of trickery has painted my features to look - shudderingly ordinary! I take that as an accusation of delusions - a challenge to my very being.

I will not rest while this injustice remains. If it falls upon one poor heroic figure (me) to wield the simple sword of photoshop upon these photographs, so be it. I beseech you, sir, to alter these lithoplates to reflect the true reality of my majesty.

I remain, your humble servant

Dadda

Dear Sir, thank you for your recent enquiry.

I regret to inform you that the pictures you have seen were taken by our most experienced photographer using the latest Nikon KarmaScope Aura Imaging device.

As you know, this remarkable new technology is able to see beneath projected personas to reveal the true nature of the person within.

This is why you appear in the pictures as a malformed reptile, and not as a stunning, sun kissed adonis.

:)

Have a nice day

Phanerothyme

It was obviously a late night, with postings coming in at 2.30am. Maybe its a good job I shandied out at 10pm and went home to my bed.

Nice to see you all, some new some old faces. Many faces that looked a little blank when I gave my name - probably coz I've been quiet for the last few weeks. So I will have to make a conscious effort to take 5 minutes out from work, and catch up with the news and stories of the day.

I am also gonna find myself a picture to use as avatar and a quote (coz there's loads of them that I love), and then I'm going to post new threads every time I think of something silly or unknown (well maybe not EVERY time - because I don't have enough time in the world for that many), and see what happens!!!!

SO THERE!

I had a very enjoyable evening. And you are all as interesting and witty in the flesh as you are on the forum. :D

Originally posted by DaBouncer

Hey folks.

Although I only made a brief appearance it was great to see some of the old faces and some of the new.

Some of the new comprised of: Max (the mod :lol: ), Nommedenet and his good lady Fuzzy Purple, Chloe, JamieW, Dadda, Ying and Phanerothyme.

Also the others that turned up last time were: Lou, Foxxx, LouiseB, Hiyabeing, Classic Rock (aka Buffy) well she has to be there really.

Food again was great, say well done to Sass (or is it sash... I forget).

Also spotted... well the girl who didn't want to give her name the last time round... can I say it... oh bugger it... TinaJones.

Great to add the new faces to the names, looking forward to the next one... hopefully I'll stay the duration the next time around.

Also in attendance after DB had left were ROBERT and Gillie (hope I've splet that right!), Carlwarker and Mr_Helicopter.

Hmm. That makes 19 altogether. I'm sure I counted 20 last night. Hope my counting is wrong and I haven't forgotten anyone. Apologies if I have.

Nomme