Sign in to follow this  

Kettleborough Family

After the sad passing a week ago of former Sheffield United, Rotherham and Newcastle footballer, Keith Kettleborough, it was good to hear news of a better kind yesterday when Keith's nephew, Richard was upgraded to ICC status on the umpiring panel.

Richard, a former player himself, from this sporting South Yorkshire family, has been getting promising reports so it may come as no surprise, along with his colleague, Richard Illingworth, who also joined him on the international panel.

I was impressed by Richard on the final game of the season when Essex played at Derby. With Kaneria bowling, there were many appeals for close catches, LBWs etc but despite the vocals Richard stood up to the task and seemingly got them correct. His dad Alan must be very proud of him.

Condolences on KK but much for this family to look forward to.

Guest sibon
After the sad passing a week ago of former Sheffield United, Rotherham and Newcastle footballer, Keith Kettleborough, it was good to hear news of a better kind yesterday when Keith's nephew, Richard was upgraded to ICC status on the umpiring panel.

Richard, a former player himself, from this sporting South Yorkshire family, has been getting promising reports so it may come as no surprise, along with his colleague, Richard Illingworth, who also joined him on the international panel.

I was impressed by Richard on the final game of the season when Essex played at Derby. With Kaneria bowling, there were many appeals for close catches, LBWs etc but despite the vocals Richard stood up to the task and seemingly got them correct. His dad Alan must be very proud of him.

Condolences on KK but much for this family to look forward to.

That is really good news for Richard. He is a nice guy, and was a tremendous cricketer. His Dad, Alan was an excellent cricketer too. I had the pleasure of being coached by him when I was younger.