Firefox or Internet Explorer

Which browser do you use?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Which browser do you use?

• Yes I use firefox and it is the greatest browser ever made
    • I use internet explorer, but i am scared of change
    • I use a different browser all together eg Opera

Firefox and Thunderbird, or IE and Outlook take up even more room and seeing as you need an email app anyway, if you choose to use Opera's then you reduce bloatware.

I like a browser to be a browser. Nothing more, nothing less:).

Have you even used Opera and it's features.

Yep.

Been using it since v7.something or other (when it was paid for product - complete with ads in the free version - and to think, I paid to remove the ads - then it becomes free:rolleyes:).

Still gets a little use for cross browser compatibility checks (along with IE 4, 5 & 5.5 and Konqueror):thumbsup:.

I just don't personally think it's all that good. Nor do I particularly like it:).

I like a browser to be a browser. Nothing more, nothing less:)..
I use it a Browser. Nothing more nothing less. So why fuss?

Most people only use a fraction of any programmes capabilities it's little churlish to complain about facilities that other people find very useful.

Most people only use 20% of many programmes features, but everyone uses a slightly different 20%. Most people also have no idea how to use many programmes even ones they use daily, as so many features are not obvious until shown. Even on the most user friendly programmes.

Many of the features in Opera that I use all the time, do not even exist in the other browsers, so they are not even worth considering as browsers.

I find IE and FF slow, difficult and crippled in functionality and hence rather infuriating to use.

I just don't personally think it's all that good. Nor do I particularly like it.
Out of curiosity, did you know about all the features I mentioned above that Opera does. Have you tried them.

Heck, I've been using Photoshop for 12 years, I still find new things all the time. They keep sneaking stuff in!

I run both I.E and Firefox. I am an Internet moron. I prefer Firefox, to be honest. It's faster, without a doubt, compared with IE.

From an "internet dunce". :)

I find IE and FF slow, difficult and crippled in functionality and hence rather infuriating to use.

In your opinion;).

Out of curiosity, did you know about all the features I mentioned above that Opera does. Have you tried them.

Heck, I've been using Photoshop for 12 years, I still find new things all the time. They keep sneaking stuff in!

I knew of most of them.

No, I haven't tried them, and I won't be either (as I said, I only use it for checking my sites function the same in the majority of browsers).

All can be replicated by extensions for FF (should I feel the need - which I don't for the most part).

In your opinion;).

It's not an opinion if I say FF + IE lack features compared to Opera, when they in fact they do and extensions do not make up for all of the differences.

No, I haven't tried them, and I won't be either
Well, that's informative. Nice to see you are so open minded!

I always find it's better to give an opinion on something I actually have experience of and not something I've have already decided is of no use.

Thank god you don't design software, we'd probably still be using command lines. 'We don't need any of that GUI nonsense, there's nothing wrong with green text anyway, it works for me!':P

I use firefox for all of my browsing. Its interface grabbed me straight away, aswell as closing all those security holes microsoft left open.

I like to keep all my activex controlls under wraps aswell, which firefox does perfectly.

I'm so going to get flamed for this but never mind...

I use IE6 (& 7 on my dev machine) and I like it.

In support, I have both Firefox & Opera installed on my dev machine (I build web apps in my spare time), and I only use them to test pages. For various reasons, including speed, looks & features, I prefer IE.

Also saying that, in 9 years of using PCs (8 of them with internet access), I am yet to get a spyware / virus infection on any of my machines.

For 70% of people (using the person above's stats), IE does what they want and they're happy, myself included.

Do any other browsers other than Firefox and SeaMonkey have anything like *******? It's the single most useful thing after the web developer toolbar. Firefox is still winning in this house.

The extension for mouse gestures, which I used to use a lot in opera, is not very good, but I think the other extensions more than make up for it.

Also I think it is fair to say that the Opera Mail Client is idiosyncratic at best.

It's not an opinion if I say FF + IE lack features compared to Opera

Yes it is:P.

You think Opera has features that FF lacks. Whereas (as a browser) FF lacks nothing. Anything else is merely prettification:thumbsup:.

Well, that's informative. Nice to see you are so open minded!

As I said... I only use it (Opera) to test my work is displayed in the majority of browsers.

Thank god you don't design software

I do (on occasion) and have been doing so since 1987:thumbsup:.