Williams hardware shop - Richmond shops

Has this traditional hardware shop closed down, shutters down each time iv'e been past. Alway's loved the cat in there that sat on the counter.

Yep its shut down, guess it just couldn't compete with the likes of B&Q, Focus, Homebase, of which there are at least 2 B&Qs and 2 Homebase stores wiithin about 10 minutes drive, not to mention Asda and others.

Sad but true.

It was always a hardware shop, anyone remember it as 'Harolds' back in the day?

I remember Harolds shop. I was born just off Richmond Road in 1952. I can always remember it being there is a kiddy. Oh happy days

Yes its closed down trevor and his wife have retire due to health reasons but still live above the shop their shop was a big part of the community and will be truely missed.

Has this traditional hardware shop closed down, shutters down each time iv'e been past. Alway's loved the cat in there that sat on the counter.

yes i am affraid it has closed! best wishes to Trevor and Margret on their retirement

Sad but true.

It was always a hardware shop, anyone remember it as 'Harolds' back in the day?

Yep i used to live in that area around 20 years ago and i always remember it as Harolds from a very young age.