The Sheffield Tap pub - railway station bar

I believe the guys opening the bar are considering a phase 2 of opening the old dining rooms as a restaurant if the bar is a success.

i hope not. i was hoping this place would be more kings head rather than head of steam, but its not looking good :(

Price will be crucial. There's a bar on Newcastle station with a great selection of ales but it's about £3.50 a pint! If the Sheffield Taps can pitch their ales round about the £2.20-£2.50 mark they should get plenty of custom but no higher.

Their other bar in York generally charges £2.60 a pint for cask ale, I imagine this one will probably be the same.

This link shows the beer list for their bar in York http://www.pivocafebar.com/beers.html

Great news-look forward to it opening

Slightly off topic, but what was the name of that little cubby hole type place on the left as you went in the main entrance? I've been racking my brain and I can't think of it. It was even included in a mid-80s CAMRA guide to Sheffield on the strength of it having (pretty terrible) Bass on hand pump.

Thing is, I can't find the bloody guide.

Their other bar in York generally charges £2.60 a pint for cask ale, I imagine this one will probably be the same.

This link shows the beer list for their bar in York http://www.pivocafebar.com/beers.html

well gordon bennet wont be coming then

Slightly off topic, but what was the name of that little cubby hole type place on the left as you went in the main entrance? I've been racking my brain and I can't think of it. It was even included in a mid-80s CAMRA guide to Sheffield on the strength of it having (pretty terrible) Bass on hand pump.

Thing is, I can't find the bloody guide.

Did it even have a name? May have just been Sheffield Station bar or 'buffet'. It was always a bit rubbish, but better than no bar at all.

I just remember it being called 'Coffee shop + Bar'.

Quite a nice little pub crawl building up in the area around the station now including the Rutland Arms, Red Lion, Howard, Globe, Sheffield Tap, Old Queens Head and Penny Black, all of which have proper beer. There is also of course the Showroom bar which doesn't have traditional cask ale but does have some continental beers.

Did it even have a name? May have just been Sheffield Station bar or 'buffet'. It was always a bit rubbish, but better than no bar at all.

I don't think there was a name above the door or owt, but it wasn't listed in that guide as 'Bar', or something equally poor. It has really been annoying me for about a week now!

I don't think there was a name above the door or owt, but it wasn't listed in that guide as 'Bar', or something equally poor. It has really been annoying me for about a week now!

I'll try and find out.