Dead cat Woodseats Road- 09/11/2009

there's a dead cat on pavement opposite the property shop on woodseats road. I'm at work now but can someone call r s p c a or something? Thank you. Poor moggy.

It's nowt to do with the RSPCA. You need to call Street Force.

http://www.sheffield.gov.uk/roads-and-transport/maintenance/street-cleaning/missing-or-dead-animals

"If you want to report a dead animal on or near the highway, please call the Contact Centre (0114) 273 4567 giving the location and description if possible."

"Street Force will remove large dead animals from the highway (road, pavement or verge) within 24 hours. We try to remove them on the same day we receive the report.

All animals are taken to Olive Grove Depot where pets are scanned to check for an ID Chip. If a chip is detected the owners will be contacted. The animals are stored in a refrigerated store for 3 days during which time owners can call and collect them if they wish. After 3 days a local pet crematorium disposes of the animal."

It's nowt to do with the RSPCA. You need to call Street Force.

http://www.sheffield.gov.uk/roads-and-transport/maintenance/street-cleaning/missing-or-dead-animals

"If you want to report a dead animal on or near the highway, please call the Contact Centre (0114) 273 4567 giving the location and description if possible."

Streetforce, thats it.

I've pmed John, did anyone else see this? I'm in this area and haven't seen one of my cats since last night. If you saw it please tell me what colour the cat was. Thank you.

If streetforce moved it they will keep the animal for a week I think, but they have a record of it aswell. If you call them they can tell you what they have collected from that road or a certain area if you have lost your cat.

What property shop on Woodseats Road? I cant think of any property shops on Woodseats Road?! Is it the top or bottom of the road?

What colour was the cat? I live near the bottom of woodseats road and have an idea of where a few of the cats live :(

I'm afraid I was in a car so it was very quick but I think it was mainly black with a little bit of white and fairly small. I couldn't stop so rang john and asked him to help it

Thanks MJ. It does sound like mine, he's still missing so I'm becoming resigned to the worst.