Fight show 8th November ice ring

Sorry, while I'm on!!

Well done to all fighters on the night. As always I really enjoyed it and it always gives me food for thought when I come away. If I don't agree with anything the promoter is the first to know in the most constructive way possible as it should be.

To the guys fighting MMA if you would like any bjj specific coaching to take you forward please talk to your coach and I'd be happy to help.

Regards

John

This is better than the kickboxing threads... Cummmmooonnn.. LOL...

Craig.

Yeah, you do have to win the fight by submission, but he enjoyed himself working for strikes. Just didnt implement the strat in first two rounds... anyway, i'm gettin BJJ advice from a dude that got tapped out from one of my guys in my guys FIRST EVER LESSON!! and not just tapped out, if you recall it was so hilarious coz i've never seen anybody tapped out in THEIR OWN GUARD!!!! Your own coach (Who i actually do respect a lot in this game) P>?$$ED his pants as well if i recall!! A tv presenter tapping out a Blue belt (sorry, with "2" stripes), in his first EVER ROLL! hahahahaha!

The sport needs "Grasses, spies, and snitches" anyways. Altho The beard is a bit pathetic. Look like a peedo! Not my words either, i just heard it and thought was hilarious!

Well Done Barry, not taking anything away from you. You won the first round, 2nd was close but you prob shaded it with damage amd took your licks in third like a man for the win. congrats dude.[/QU

What a ridiculous, disgraceful post and you are supposed to be a coach? You are writing about something that happened in one of your classes and making fun of someone who was your student on a public forum. You should really be ashamed of yourself. I was tapped on Friday night, Saturday lunchtime, Sunday morning, Monday evening and probably will be tonight as well. SO WHAT, that's how you learn in grappling. The attitude you display is why I no longer go to MMA shows. Noel Irwin (not hiding behind a nickname)

Bit harsh Billy, I think the personal attack on Guy is a bit much. For a change Guy comments were a true statement and not just a wind up.

I think the views of the fight should be on what happened in the ring and we could all throw a little dirt around to muddy someone’s rep.

I can’t speak for the other judges count but I think my decision took all aspects into consideration and as much as I like Teen wolf and have never met his opponent before he still lost and I hope he fights back from it in a professional way.

PS to win the fight he need to sub'd the guy.....please don’t question my bjj credentials

;)

I read the judges score cards.

The judges scored unanimously that Barry Wood won the 1st 2 rounds. Teen Wolf won the last round.

Thank you for a job well done!!!

:thumbsup:

In that sense both sides of the debate are valid in their own right.

Yeah, you do have to win the fight by submission, but he enjoyed himself working for strikes. Just didnt implement the strat in first two rounds... anyway, i'm gettin BJJ advice from a dude that got tapped out from one of my guys in my guys FIRST EVER LESSON!! and not just tapped out, if you recall it was so hilarious coz i've never seen anybody tapped out in THEIR OWN GUARD!!!! Your own coach (Who i actually do respect a lot in this game) P>?$$ED his pants as well if i recall!! A tv presenter tapping out a Blue belt (sorry, with "2" stripes), in his first EVER ROLL! hahahahaha!

The sport needs "Grasses, spies, and snitches" anyways. Altho The beard is a bit pathetic. Look like a peedo! Not my words either, i just heard it and thought was hilarious!

Well Done Barry, not taking anything away from you. You won the first round, 2nd was close but you prob shaded it with damage amd took your licks in third like a man for the win. congrats dude.[/QU

What a ridiculous, disgraceful post and you are supposed to be a coach? You are writing about something that happened in one of your classes and making fun of someone who was your student on a public forum. You should really be ashamed of yourself. I was tapped on Friday night, Saturday lunchtime, Sunday morning, Monday evening and probably will be tonight as well. SO WHAT, that's how you learn in grappling. The attitude you display is why I no longer go to MMA shows. Noel Irwin (not hiding behind a nickname)

Thats NOTHING Noel!!!

Whenever i train in a grappling discipline, I always get tapped out 6 times during every session without fail!

Come on Billy Guy was a regular student of yours, what goes on the mat SHOULD stay on the mat. You say you have a lot of respect for John and then have a go at one of his students...That's out of order

You don't specifically say what the problem is either, are you saying you don't agree with the decision or just that you want everyone to know how well your fighter did even though he lost the decision:huh:

Either way thumbs up for sticking up for your guy (I didn't see the fight so have no opinion on who won) but if you want a lesson in how to do that without being disprespectful or sounding like a bad loser have a look at this:

http://www.wickercamp.co.uk/2009/06/

Russ

PS Am referring to Mick's comments on the Mehdi vs Ollie Watson fight on the linked website.

Edited by Horus

Hey i'm not disagreeing with the decision. As i said, i spoke to Daz Jackson after and he said that Barry won based on first two rounds and i fully acept that, respect all of that.

John, if you read what i put, i actually said i really respect you, your BJJ included.

The personal attack comes as a reslut of the fact Guy was a reg student but later found out this was only to be a Spy or a snitch! The patronizing manor in which was spoken to often ****** a lot of people off!

In regards to posting everything someone's done wrong at a class, just about every single one of my students came as a beginner, show me one time i said something bad, NEVER! You need to find out why i said this, nothing to do with what happened in class but more as a personal thing!

The fact of or class is, We train hard, and we spar hard! Doesnt suit everyone but there was 20 down last night, and think you best off asking them what i am like as a person.

I'm still young so things like this will wind me up, i'm sorry to have offended any1 but believe me, this is tame for mma, anyone who goes on cage warriors will know! Can't be all "P-C" and polite all the time, would make a boring world!

Edited by WildWild MMA

Hey i'm not disagreeing with the decision. As i said, i spoke to Daz Jackson after and he said that Barry won based on first two rounds and i fully acept that, respect all of that.

John, if you read what i put, i actually said i really respect you, your BJJ included.

The personal attack comes as a reslut of the fact Guy was a reg student but later found out this was only to be a Spy or a snitch! The patronizing manor in which was spoken to often ****** a lot of people off!

In regards to posting everything someone's done wrong at a class, just about every single one of my students came as a beginner, show me one time i said something bad, NEVER! You need to find out why i said this, nothing to do with what happened in class but more as a personal thing!

The fact of or class is, We train hard, and we spar hard! Doesnt suit everyone but there was 20 down last night, and think you best off asking them what i am like as a person.

I'm still young so things like this will wind me up, i'm sorry to have offended any1 but believe me, this is tame for mma, anyone who goes on cage warriors will know! Can't be all "P-C" and polite all the time, would make a boring world!

The main thing is Billy's fighter gave a good fight. He may have won 1 round while Barry won 2 but both were excellent sportsmen. People win fights , people lost fights.

For example, for a long time we were going to shows and getting results like 3 wins from 3 fighters or say 5 wins and 1 losing,...etc then on one show (our last one at Grosvenor in August) 2 of my fighters lost.

The main thing is they gave it 100% and lost narrowly.

Fighters learn from their losses more than from their wins.

Shall we concentrate on the positives about the show ;)

I notice people are talking MORE about the MMA than the kickboxing :cry:

Is MMA taking over from kickboxing? I hope not LOL

My criticism still stands if you have personal problems with a student then they should stay personal and you shouldn't be using your position as an instructor to abuse said student on the internet.

For what it's worth I don't think instructors should start personal relationships with their students it only leads to complications when they break up.

I'v been trainin for Billy since i started in the sport he has a fantastic attitude and this commands respect from all those who train at wild wild mma, his love and passion for the sport is past on through every quality session. Of course he gets winded up when his students don't get the result you find me a coach who wouldn't. All egos are left behind at the door at his club all the lads (and lass) train hard and enjoy it and know how to have a wee bit of banter!!

p.s i'm not Billy

Edited by bootieblade

Of course he gets wound up when his students don't get the result you find me a coach who wouldn't

That's the problem though, a good coach doesn't get wound up, he just puts it right for next time......poor loser nothing more

Bored of this now, well done to all the fighters, especially Yousif, you're right Chefkicker he can box (told you I'd admit it if I saw it firsthand).

That's the problem though, a good coach doesn't get wound up, he just puts it right for next time......poor loser nothing more

Bored of this now, well done to all the fighters, especially Yousif, you're right Chefkicker he can box (told you I'd admit it if I saw it firsthand).

Each to thier own, and yes its boring