Fight show 8th November ice ring

Thanks to farhad for a great show and i enjoyed it more than just the mma fights i've been to so did all our supporters who bought tickets as it was a great mixture of fights. It was brill and this show will grow even bigger and bigger. Jacob and woody want to be on the next show and I've got another 2 more that want to be on the next show if thats not to many.

Well done again jacob with the win in about 1min 10 sec with that rear naked choke. you nailed it this time.. Well done to woody who went all 3 rounds with those low kicks ooooohhh, how many did he get with those flying knees too. well done on your first fight woody...

Well done to James Gabbitas a joker like me always having a laugh and craig too, and with the quick win, them punches were slamin.....

Yousif, wow first time i've seen him fight and he is fast and great with techniques and at his age he is going the have a great future and title..

All the sheffield fighters were dead canny. Most of them won and all have got good trainers there were wicker camp ,kapap ,A.F.K, and also your fighters both won didnt they. That MMA fight with the guy with a beard fighting one of brians was really good. Those 2 wee lassies were they got a draw was a reet old ding dong i think a draw was nae fair and the blonde lassie should have won. Yousif ibrahim from A.F.K was really professional he was too fast and too slick for the other wee lad. Best thing about the show is all my trainers were there too and giving trophies out.

What happened to Billy Wilson's fight? i saw him there and then he never fought just wondering what happened?

WHat happened to that superman guy why won't he fight on that promoters show heard from a source he not that good anyways you never see many of them afk fighters I hear that young guy is the only decent fighter there

There shall be all photos fom sundays show posted soon from Andy Nuttall from Event Photography: fightnightsonline.com

They had 6 or so shows at the weekend so please be patient, they will be up by weekend. However if anyone wants to just order photos please visit their site to order disks.

Andy. AFK.

Edited by Andyupnorth

I wasn't gonna post but will. Two rounds of leg kicks did win the fight but the 3rd round was absolutely one sided in the way of Jonathan Heather. Controlled and stayed on top and pounded for the whole round! This is a guy that wants to fight "MMA", professionally eventually. He's only been trainin a couple of months and hence why only starting at amateur.

Theres great confusion i think to amateur mma. It infuriates me! You play amateur football and you still kick the ball, amateur in any sport and you do exactly what the sport entails, so why when you do amateur "mma" and that bein all aspects, inc ground and pound, is this looked down on, or not counted right!??? Told submissions are whats importants.. yes thats most effective way to win but this isnt a BJJ comp, so all aspects should count equally as they do in pro mma, the only difference bein where you can strike!!

He was practicing, as an amatuer what he will do as a pro, he's not interested in pulling submissions off, he prefers to drop elbows and punches on the ground and that third round was an absolute battering!!!! Not taking anythin away from Barry as he did produce some nice leg kicks in first two, the arguement for me is that its been put that 3 rounds of leg kicks when that last round was 2 and half mins on floor with Teen on top! I won my first amateur by 3 rounds of ground and pound coz i too got in after a couple months and thats what i enjoy the most, despite normally winning via sub i prefer to not risk losing position!

as Dave Jackson said after, some of the best fights in the world don't use any submissions. Proud of Teen, lost around 2stone in couple months too. good lad, next time he'll be stronger! I like many others who came up to me after, said that decision was really close, and i think coulda gone to wire.... I will wait til i watch it back tho but the thiird round was totally one-sided!

Jacob Constantinou (4th fight) here from team BA..

Was a great show, entertaining, well organised and very professional..

Congrats to team mate Woody who also won on descision (fight 9)..

Just want to say thanks to Farhad for the opportunity to compete and his help around the fight..

AFK looked good iswell, hoping to come train with you guys some time soon, next week hopefully!!

Hi TinouMMA,

Ill put you in touch with the photographers when you pop down my mate.

Thank you for the compliments on my fighters and also on the show itself.

You did very well!!! Already 2 fights and 2 wins. Good lad!

I look forward to meeting you at our gym. You will get good sparring at all weights from 53kg right up to 106kg , then again you will be used to sparring with "The Big Man" Mr B.A Himself!!!

:thumbsup:

Told submissions are whats importants.. yes thats most effective way to win but this isnt a BJJ comp, so all aspects should count equally as they do in pro mma, the only difference bein where you can strike!!

He was practicing, as an amatuer what he will do as a pro, he's not interested in pulling submissions off, he prefers to drop elbows and punches on the ground and that third round was an absolute battering!!!!

Except that a submission would have won him the fight - he had the top but couldn't finish the fight from there due to the striking rules. If you want to win at amateur, you have to have subs because if you drop rounds then you can't guarantee a top-control decision win.

Except that a submission would have won him the fight - he had the top but couldn't finish the fight from there due to the striking rules. If you want to win at amateur, you have to have subs because if you drop rounds then you can't guarantee a top-control decision win.

Anyway, whoever won the fight won the fight. It is a sport when all is said and done and everyone gets up and goes to work the next day ;)

Win lose or draw, you should be there to enjoy it. If you win thats a bonus :D.

Which fights did you enjoy the most the Carcass?

I enjoyed both of the Wicker Camp fights and Yousif's fight (despite it seeming like a bit of a mismatch - but that's just down to his skill, I'm sure). Becky made a strong showing in her debut after a bit of a slow start too and showed real spirit.

Well done to all who had the guts to step in there and fight - it was an excellent night.

Edited by Carcass

I enjoyed both of the Wicker Camp fights and Yousif's fight (despite it seeming like a bit of a mismatch - but that's just down to his skill, I'm sure). Becky made a strong showing in her debut after a bit of a slow start too and showed real spirit.

Well done to all who had the guts to step in there and fight - it was an excellent night.

With regard to Yousif's fight. That fight was actually a rematch. It should have happened a few shows ago.

They both fought on Frankie Hudders' junior show , 3x1.5 mins with shinguards on in manchester.

Yousif won by the narrowest of margins in that one. The other camp contested the decision as they thought that Joe Boffey should have won.

In all honesty , at the time both myself and Yousif were not 100% sure if he deserved it either.

In a sportsmanlike gesture, I cordially offered Joe's trainer the chance for a rematch.

The choices were:

ISKA English title , as both lads were aged 17 an ISKA title would have to be under Amateur rules (head guard and shinguards as well as the referee being quicker to step in and give an 8 count). Either that or a normal fight.

Now the trainer of Joe Boffey heard the swear word "shinpads" and (knowing that Yousif's style would be more "boxing inclined" ) decided to forget the pads and fight BARE shin!

Now myself and Yousif discussed this match at length and knowing that Joe would be going to hurt Yousif with kicks, we planned the fight accordingly.

(At this level, fighter management is as tactical as it is technical and it takes an experienced and intelligent trainer to know this and be able to plan for it).

Everything we had planned worked for yousif on the night. As Yousif's pad holder, I myself know that Yousif can be a REAL Bugger against a kicker! He is what I would call a master of countering the low kick in particular (even though he opted to plant his feet in an attempt to finish him in the last round).

This is getting to be an essay but in my next post , i will post the parameters for both Yousif and Beckys fights and opponents. ;)

Edited by chefkicker
Saved the first part just in case the computer crashed (my PC is a dinosuar:P)

Forget what you have heard k1hater come and decide for yourself in Febuary dnt judge me if you have not watched me to many haters out there and yea Yousif is amazing