Minibus stolen from Walkley - Blue VW Caravelle L672 PKV

Hi a dark blue Volkswagen Caravelle minibus (L672PKV) was stolen yesterday evening between 19:00 and 23:30 from Palm street in Walkley, it had 5 of 8 seats fitted. The minibus was regularly used for sporting trips and I was supposed to be taking a university group up to Scotland at the end of November. If anyone knows where it is it would be great... as I really wouldn’t mind it back. I realise it has now probably been burnt out in a field or is sat in a yard being stripped for its seats :(

I have been told there is no point claiming on insurance - (Privilege, fully comp £850), as although its not my fault, the doubling of my policy next year (£1600) and £550 excess is well over the £800 market value of the vehicle (cost loads more than £800 as it’s a minbus!)!

So now I’m down the cost of insurance + minibus! (£2300). I have never claimed previously, but at 27 I have no NC bonus as I have only had classic car policies (>5years) which don’t build up a NC bonus. How is that fair and do the criminals realise any of this or have they not yet developed a frontal cortex.......

Thanks

Luke

eyes open in heeley mate, there has been an awful lot of VW vans stolen recently, mainly t25s, bays and splits but guess the tally is upto around 14 or so over the last 18 months in sheffield alone

Have you called the police, we were away when our car was stolen and ended up with a massive bill from Woodhead Motors who had recovered it from Arbourthorne.

I reported it last night, the police kept talking me through their 'recovery' policy, which was basically that 'you will be charged for everything, but your insurance company should pay'.

On the VW front, I would love to have a Split screen type 1 camper, but if I was ever able to afford one, I would also hopefully have a mini Fort Knox for it in fullwood.

Luke

PS are there any 'popular' places worth visitng, if i can get a mate to drive me round....

Hi Luke, wondered where the van was. Lots of issues around here at the moment. Give us a knock just out the back. x