Drivers: You don't need to indicate to tell people you are turning!

You really don't. The act of turning is indication enough that you are turning. We can see from the change in direction that you are turning.

Those little amber lights you have on the corners and wings of your vehicle are NOT there to tell people that you are turning.

Neither are they an instruction to "get out of the way, I'm moving into your lane"

Let me tell you what they are there for...

They are there to signal your INTENT to turn. They give advance warning to other road users that you intend to change direction. Flicking the indicator stalk with your finger as you turn the wheel is a waste of time and effort.

Turn them on BEFORE you actually begin the manoeuvre.

Oh dear. BMW was it?

Toyota actually in the incident acting as catalyst to my rant. But its a common thing. Such as a vehicle waiting to turn right may sit at traffic lights with no indicators on, you need to turn right 100 yards after the lights so you take a place in the right lane, lights turn to green, the car in front moves off, then stops in the junction, finally flicking on the indicator - why not just indicate whilst at the lights?

My indicators don't come on when I turn. I have to put them on manually.

You really don't. The act of turning is indication enough that you are turning. We can see from the change in direction that you are turning.

Those little amber lights you have on the corners and wings of your vehicle are NOT there to tell people that you are turning.

Neither are they an instruction to "get out of the way, I'm moving into your lane"

They are there to signal your INTENT to turn. They give advance warning to other road users that you intend to change direction. Flicking the indicator stalk with your finger as you turn the wheel is a waste of time and effort.

My bold

And to pedestrians!!!! Just because you're driving along the road in solitary splendour, with not another car in sight, it doesn't mean you don't have to bother indicating that you're intending to turn left, especially if there's a pedestrian about to cross the road you're turning into. :rant:

Mirror > Signal > Manoeuvre has become Optional mirror > Manoeuvre > Optional signal :suspect:

So many times on motorways/dual carriageways I have seen drivers move out into the next lane and either not indicate at all or indicate and manoeuvre at the same time :loopy:

An indicator is just that - an indication to other drivers that you intend to turn. Unfortunately this important interpretation is lost on far too many drivers :(

Can you not drive with your eyes open?

I don't indicate because I find the tick tick tick annoying when I switch on the indicators, and this is why I never use indicators.

Also, sometimes its difficult to know which the left or right indicator is, I once accidently indicated to go right, and turned left, and so I stopped using the indicators

I don't indicate because I find the tick tick tick annoying when I switch on the indicators, and this is why I never use indicators.

Also, sometimes its difficult to know which the left or right indicator is, I once accidently indicated to go right, and turned left, and so I stopped using the indicators

Having read a few of your posts, are you a wannabee BasilRathbon? Sad to tell you, you're failing miserably.:D

Squiggs, Queens Road into town, is it the lights turning up to Olive Grove/Edmund Road? Does my head in there, wish I had a tank sometimes :rant:

I know, I have the same problem. I tried to wave my apologies for not prophesising the lane meandering but my middle finger accidentally stuck bolt upright.

Easy mistake to make

:loopy:

I know, I have the same problem. I tried to wave my apologies for not prophesising the lane meandering but my middle finger accidentally stuck bolt upright.

Easy mistake to make

The only mistake you make is to drive a car at all!:loopy:

:loopy: The only mistake you make is to drive a car at all!:loopy:
Was that whooshing sound sarcasm going straight over your head? :D

The tick tick is there to remind you its on (incase you forget to turn it off) - ok, most modern cars auto-disable the indicator after turning now, but still..

if its that much of a bother, you can get the tick sound disabled easily at a garage.

better to have a tick than crash though imho...