Parents and teachers: Why are there so many training days?

It has several undertones though...

Maybe you'd like to expand on this...?

Guest sibon
Nice edit.

What makes me laugh is how you say im talking rubbish yet you needed time to think up, then add that little insult.:hihi:

The insult took two minutes to add. Your poor use of the English language has taken you a lifetime.

If you are really a teacher, I will be very surprised.

If you are planning tomorrow's lessons today, you need to be sharpened up by your boss.

Seeing as you dont know me or my kids ill take this poor attempt at baiting and treat it with the contempt it deserves;)

I am not baiting - it's an observation which is as clear to me as anyone else reading your posts. It is SO obvious that you have no respect for those in the teaching profession and your children will have picked up on this.

Time to take stock and think about how your attitude is having an adverse effect on your childrens behaviour at home and at school.

Maybe you'd like to expand on this...?

The origional response was to someone expressing that teaching was a stressful job, you stated that essentially lots of jobs also have stress but failed to expand further.

In failing to expand further you are not actually explaining your point in full detail, rather, your open-ended response seems to be insinuating that the author does not acknowledge stress in other jobs aside from teaching. It comes across as though you think all teachers hold the opinion that no other job is stressful.

If I'm wrong and I'm reading too much into it I apologise.

So, you did get sufficient notice then.

And as for employers of teachers being more flexible, I couldn't agree more.

"So, you did get sufficient notice then."

Depends what you mean by sufficient notice. I work for a large global organisation, and due to the amount of employees, have to book my leave twelve months in advance to avoid disappointment, as the majority of my colleagues aim for the school holidays for their leave.

The insult took two minutes to add. Your poor use of the English language has taken you a lifetime.

If you are really a teacher, I will be very surprised.

If you are planning tomorrow's lessons today, you need to be sharpened up by your boss.

previous post by Bigboy

Weve lost 6 out of the 11 staff at work but the rest of us have to pick up the slack and get the job done. If we strike we lose our jobs. Any striking postie should get the same.

Sacked!!!

i dont think hes a teacher

Guest sibon
previous post by Bigboy

i dont think hes a teacher

It is nice to agree with you.

What do you think he is?:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

The origional response was to someone expressing that teaching was a stressful job, you stated that essentially lots of jobs also have stress but failed to expand further.

In failing to expand further you are not actually explaining your point in full detail, rather, your open-ended response seems to be insinuating that the author does not acknowledge stress in other jobs aside from teaching. It comes across as though you think all teachers hold the opinion that no other job is stressful.

If I'm wrong and I'm reading too much into it I apologise.

I've seen so many threads on so many forums with regard to teachers and their stressfull job that it gets a bit tiring.. :) The poster who I originally replied to was saying,and I paraphrase,that if we thought teaching was such a simple job then we should all try it,I was just pointing out that to be aware of what it's like to be in a stressful job you don't need to be a teacher... :)

Guest sibon
"So, you did get sufficient notice then."

Depends what you mean by sufficient notice. I work for a large global organisation, and due to the amount of employees, have to book my leave twelve months in advance to avoid disappointment, as the majority of my colleagues aim for the school holidays for their leave.

So book next year now. Call the school, ask for next year's training day dates and book them in.

If the organisation is large and global, I'm sure that it has procedures in place to cope with teacher training days. If it can't cope with a few working mums needing a bit of flexibility, I'd be surprised. Try claiming flexible working... or sharing childcare with a friend... but please stop moaning.

I've seen so many threads on so many forums with regard to teachers and their stressfull job that it gets a bit tiring.. :) The poster who I originally replied to was saying,and I paraphrase,that if we thought teaching was such a simple job then we should all try it,I was just pointing out that to be aware of what it's like to be in a stressful job you don't need to be a teacher... :)

Fair enough.

I'm not a parent or a teacher, so why the discrimination?