Who is liable for this debt?

My friend took out a cineworld card and so did his girlfriend, he was paying monthly on his card for his girlfriend. They then split up so he stopped paying for hers. She says he's liable for the payments on her card. (you have to take the cards for a year). I said it's her card so she must be liable? (he's still paying for his own)

Who is liable to pay for the rest of the year?

Hi, i'm no expert but i would say the Boyfriend is. It's his Card details cineworld has. Kev

I would imagine it is whoever signed the paperwork.

As he tried asking his ex if she still wants the card and just wants to change the payment details?

Yes, she just says she doesn't want it, he can pay for it. It was done on a computer in cineworld so no signatures, just a box to tick! He says she filled it in tho.

If its in her name its her problem

That's what i thought! lol

There is a very simple rule to remember when entering into a relationship. Always ensure that all the assets are in your name and that all the bills and debts are in theirs!:hihi:.......simples!

The debt is his but he should be able to ask for the card back.

I do not know the law, but I would think that it would be the girl who is liable as the card is in her name.

If the card's in her name, she's the one the debt collectors will be chasing after if it's not paid!