Sheffield Cutlery Manufacturers

was he a youngish lad or was it alan used to talk to him all the time my memorys rubbish yes she likes telling us what to do thanks for the pm

Skinny bloke with glasses, cannot remember his name, could have been alan? I do remember they was only 3 or 4 on the hammers if not counting neville. A young kid, who was learning on them at the time. A dark hair fella think he had a tach, but my memory could have merged him with someone else he was about mid 30s to 40s and the skinny bloke whom which accident happened late 20s?. I Cannot remember who else. Did you yourself work on the hammers? I worked on the machines that trimmed the cutlery ready for the hammers.

i remember the incident clearly that day..regarding the stamp accident (fingers)...i worked in the claire shop above...and we all scurried down to see what all the fuss was about....i actually saw some finger tips on the stamp itself..very messy.i dont think he was of work for that long though...i seem to remember him coming in a brand new car...so he looked as if he got a decent payout....i remember a young male working in the stamp shop...we used to call him howard jones...he had the rather large hair style howard jones used to sport...this may jog someones memory...cant think of his name though...

i think the guy who had the accidents name was kevin...he used to wear a white coat....had glasses..i think he was around 20 years old...nice guy...do you remember any others from hm and company..???...honky..tomo..martin..(the geek with the glasses)lol..tommy..clopper..pam..judy..andrea..mr hunter..richard...anne..bilton brothers..dale and dave....dolly..keith....deno..steve from the grinders..kath..robin..jackie..spence(who sadly passed away quite a few years ago)....to name afew...just may jog a memory or 2...

i remember the incident clearly that day..regarding the stamp accident (fingers)...i worked in the claire shop above...and we all scurried down to see what all the fuss was about....i actually saw some finger tips on the stamp itself..very messy.i dont think he was of work for that long though...i seem to remember him coming in a brand new car...so he looked as if he got a decent payout....i remember a young male working in the stamp shop...we used to call him howard jones...he had the rather large hair style howard jones used to sport...this may jog someones memory...cant think of his name though...

Yes I remember him, we used to call him howard jones too but I cannot remember his real name. His machine was nearest to the door. Always sat on that small stool. I cannot remember what he used to do though, whereas most of us used to rotate on different jobs, he stayed on that 1 machine. Some of those names does ring a bell. They was also a theresa up in the warehouse.

i think the guy who had the accidents name was kevin...

Yes thats his name, it all comes back now:)

tommy..clopper..pam..judy..andrea..

These names ring a bell, did they work in the press shop?

I was in the press shop for around a year, the people was ok but they was all a little older than myself and more reserve. I was around 17yrs. I helped out a few times in the warehouse when they was short staffed and while I was there heard they was a job going, which I applied and was accepted. It was more fun in the warehouse it was like one big family up there, all mostly my age. People from the press shop tried to change my mind in going into the warehouse, they said it was all rough folk. But they was the nicest people.

Edited by meggymoo

kevin rings a bell think that was his name .I used to work where they pressed the cutlery out and cobbing on the bench there was a guy i remember on a wheel and he never moved very young i was about 19 or 20 and the guy with the tash rings a bell now anyone remember rachelle used to go out with her to the night club lol those were the days and a guy called shaun .

tommy was the old dude in the clock house..made sure you didnt sneak out...real old git of a fellow...clopper and tomo worked in the rumbler house..i do remember andrea from the warehouse....

there were so many people with taches at that time it could have been any number of people...steve from the warehouse was one that stood out...he also wore glasses...

think andrea hung around with sharon as you st to know them that name rings a bell

you may remember pam...the blind women...shes still alive and kicking today...then there was andrea with the funny lip...she could be a right cow at times...there was judy with the dark hair...she went out with tommo from the rumblers...there was debbie with the fake blonde hair...marie..who always seemed to be sat down...every body warned me about her being a cow...but i got on with her very well...i do remember a stream of young people coming to work there..but they came and went...usually within a couple of weeks...

there was a guy i remember on a wheel and he never moved very young i was about 19 or 20 .

Yes, I think he was the howard jones guy, with the stuck up hair.

Was shaun the young one? that worked on the hammers?

I remember and not inc jayne they was 2 other young girls in the press shop. Both was on piece work. One was a bit of a tomboy, blond short hair and the other very tall and slim.

Edited by meggymoo

yes sounds like him cant remember his name shaun worked in another shop used to go out with him lol i was on piece work thought everyone was