Free newspapers in Sheffield or South Yorkshire?

Can Forum members help me find out which free newspapers are still being distributed in Sheffield or South Yorkshire?

I know of Metro, Look Local and The Gazette.

Thanks for any help.

(There was a thread on this in 2007 but I'm needing something a bit more up-to-date.)

We're getting the Gazette and the Leader, but I think the Leader is based around northeast Derbyshire, not Sheffield. It just leaks over the border a bit.

There's that "your sheffield" that the council send round, though its not really a "newspaper"

I also get sent a free policing and crime newsletter from SY police, cannot remember if it is something I signed up for or if everyone gets one, but it covers crime news for my area.

I think the Burngreave messenger is still running also, I am sure I have had oen this year - though I am at the edge of the area and we sometimes get missed so I would guess it is still running

hope that helps, why are you trying to find out?

Can Forum members help me find out which free newspapers are still being distributed in Sheffield or South Yorkshire?

Thanks for any help.

(There was a thread on this in 2007 but I'm needing something a bit more up-to-date.)

Is the sixer still being sent round the Sheffield 6 area. It used to when I lived there.

I think the Burngreave messenger is still running also, I am sure I have had oen this year - though I am at the edge of the area and we sometimes get missed so I would guess it is still running

hope that helps, why are you trying to find out?

The Burngreave Messenger has recently completed 10 years. the website is at: http://www.burngreavemessenger.org/

By the way, you should get the issue delivered if you're within one of the areas. If you're not getting it, you could ring on 242 0564 to see if you should be.

use to get gazette but dont no more for some reason ?????????

There is also the Mercury which you seem to find in pubs and social clubs mainly.

On the magazine side there is Westside, Southside, Grapevine, Sixer, Active8, Dronfield Eye etc.

In S17 there are community newsletter type publications too - Bradway Bugle, Dore to Door and Totley Herald.

Thanks for any help.

You out of toilet paper ? :hihi:

Oh, theres also 5alive used to run in S5, is that still going?

and theres that one for retired people and one for gay people (I mean two seperate ones, although there may well be one for retired gay people too, I just havent seen it) that I sometimes see in the entrance to the central lending library by those big wooden benches

Thanks to all forummers who've helped.

I'd still like to hear of any more that anyone knows of.