Why are there no good sandwich shops in Sheffield?

Don't you just hate the way at spoilt for choice when you ask for a "Large" sandwich, they get a nice big breadcake down, and chop it in half!

CHEEKY BARSTOOLS! :rant::loopy:

Yes, but could you honestly eat that whole breadcake's worth of sandwich??!

My fav sandwich in Spoilt for Choice is the turkey club - turkey, bacon, cheese, tomato, lettuce, cucumber, onion, mustard.... mmmmmmmmm!! But I'm always stuffed afterwards.

Rich, I agree with you it's better to have sliced cheese in sandwiches, but just cos it's grated doesn't necessarily mean it's crap. It's the same cheese, just cut up smaller.

And there are plenty of places who do sliced rather than grated cheese, not just Greggs - like O'Briens on Chapel walk. Also, it depends what kinda cheese you like - personally I don't rate Greggs sandwiches, and think their cheese tastes plasticy. Try Woodys sandwich shop for the best bacon and brie baguettes, all warm and lovely.

Anyone tried the new place next door to Dulo? It's called mtgg, website here. Only been in once when it had only been open a couple of days, and was small inside, but sandwich not bad!

Is that place on Chapel Walk still there? Think it was called Deli France or something similar. That used to be nice.

The Lunch Stop on West St is nice....mmtgs near Waitrose is also quite nice. For ready prepared stuff Greggs, Waitrose and Sainsbury's. Subway is quite nice but rather expensive for what you get.

Try Amanda's on Arundel Street. best bacon butties in Sheffield or anywhere for that matter. Just ask for a bacon and egg Mega, with crispy bacon. DROOOLLL...

Try Amanda's on Arundel Street. best bacon butties in Sheffield or anywhere for that matter. Just ask for a bacon and egg Mega, with crispy bacon. DROOOLLL...

i used to go there loads when i went to hallam, have been trying again for ages but it always seems to be closed. veg sos and mushroom mega was my fave :) with a mug of tea

Yeah they open about 7am and close around 1-ish i think. A lot of my colleagues go there rather than the handier Nibblers, which has a similar range of grub.

Got to give my vote to Relish on West Street too. Great sandwiches and the manageress is gorgeous :love:

Try rooneys on sharrow vale road, just down from woodys 2nd right if im not mistaken.

Yes ive been to Joint on Woodseats. The sandwiches are to die for. Best hot Roast sandwiches ive ever had. I went in yesterday and had a hot Roast chicken, coriander pesto and red onion melt and it was the best. In fact dont think ive ever had a bad sandwich there. TOP FOOD!!!!

Has anyone tried the cafe next door though? Well dont bother ive tried it 3 times now and had to throw them away each time. The salad was soggy and the meat tasted off wont go back again. Its called O'YES but think it should be called O'NO its that bad.

Seashells Coffee shop at the Woodseats end of Abbey Lane is brilliant, as is Mr Bs across from Lavers on London Road and the sarny shop at the top of Meadowhead on the left by the subway (going out of town).

murnanas in hillsborough is sweet.try the hunters special.its a bit hard to find but its well worth it