Why are there no good sandwich shops in Sheffield?

New cafe on south road walkley, Our Gerts! do really nice sandwichs and breakfasts all meat is from the local butchers! also do really nice paninis and homemade lunches get down on a friday do one of best meat and potato pies! give it a try :D

A friend of mine told me he introduced the chef Jamie Oliver to the delights of WOODY`S @ hunters bar when he was in Rotherham to do his TV series & apperantly he placed a telephone order there everyday......draw your own conclusions:)

Woodys does the best breakfast sandwiches ever!:nod:

I would recommend the one by Richer Sounds on the way up to Broomhill.

Massive sandwiches, good service, gorgeous girls and a pub next door.

Litotes

Oh, forgot - it's called nicky's

couldn't agree more, super food and brilliant home-made cakes and very reasonable prices.:banana::banana:

Sounds like you need to apply for a job on Campo Lane - Urban Deli and Philpotts don't serve up nasty cheap sausage!

These two are amazing! Can never decide which is better, so I alternate... Expensive though. Yum yum.

Masterchef Darnall !! Do great food and buffets.

It has recently been taken over by Danielle, chef from The Beachief, Totley.

She cooks/ Bakes all her own produce and very reasonably priced.

Worth a try if in the area.

where can you go for home made meat and potatoe pie and sit down to eat it also.

Best I've ever seen in Sheffield is Charlies Pantry, Netheredge.

Agreed. bloody lovely grub

Getting a good sandwich or full english breakfast seems impossible. Most sandwich shops, sell 'catering' sausages, which for your info contains, 25% mechanically recovered chicken, mmm nice (what on earth is that?) Maybe i'm just picky...thoughts, suggestions or anyone wanna go in business?

(my first topic so feel free to say get lost:) (i did a search and the only other sandwich one i found was woodys sandwich shop.)

I was in Firth Park the other day and had a beef, roast potato and onion gravy sandwich from that new shop that used to be the old butchers near the hardware shop, I think its called Sharon's.

It was the sexiest thing I have ever put in my mouth, I'll be back there for another the next time I'm down that way.

If no one has said it already, Woody's on ecclesall road is really good!

I could recommend hot food company up crookes really nice

roneys the butchers,just off ecclesall road is the best one around.sharrow vale rd i think?

Edited by nevets

apologizes for the bump but got board with the rubbish up top! Mastershef Attercliffe! This is worth driving too! it's the best place to eat anything. Sorry it's already been shouted I didn't read the whole thread.