Why are there no good sandwich shops in Sheffield?

Sounds like you need to apply for a job on Campo Lane - Urban Deli and Philpotts don't serve up nasty cheap sausage!

Not been to Philpotts, but I love Urban Deli. As well as their sarnies, their soups are to die for!

the worrying thing is the number of bad sandwich shops around. all it compounds is the lazy scum never cook or eat healthy, just depend on filth from very very low budget out lets. it was puzzleing me about how many takeaways or springing up on a daily basis in sheffield. once again if they could be bothered to cook. some of you out there will eat any old crap.:hihi::hihi:

There is one sandwich shop that always comes out on top in my opinion and that is the Figtree Sandwich Bar in the city centre. It is amazing, honestly.

The food is all excellent value and they all well below their competitors in terms of price but they're so far above them in terms of quality.

I use this sandwich bar every day and I can truely say I've never experienced any problems with anything. The staff are extremely friendly and the shop just generally has a really welcoming atmosphere.

thefigtree.piczo.com

Not been to Philpotts, but I love Urban Deli. As well as their sarnies, their soups are to die for!

Urban Deli and Philpotts are nothing compared to the Figtree which is just down Figtree Lane. I used Urban Deli every day and used to spend a fortune each week on my lunches and then I tried Figtree and not only is it literally half the price of Urban Deli, the quality is so much better!

crawshaws do the best sandwiches eva, espesh the hot roast pork with all the trimmngs

Try our cafe/sandwich bar!! We have opened a new sandwich shop on Holme Lane Hillsborough called Nifty's (opposite the builders centre) We have been told our full English at £3.75 is fantastic value for a decent breakfast!! Also great sarni's at good prices and we make our own chips!!!!!

Edited by nifty2006

Figtree is ok and the sandwiches are tasty but the hot food takes ages to be made, and the women who work there are a bit scowly.

good news heard the new building behind the wednesday ground on catch bar lane is going to be a cafe/ sandwhich shop. the building looks very impressive and so i would have thought the sandwhiches would be pretty good too when they open.

Figtree is ok and the sandwiches are tasty but the hot food takes ages to be made, and the women who work there are a bit scowly.

nowt worse than a scowly sandwich maker :P

I agree that woody's on ecci road does awesome bacon sarnie's, its all about the bread, in city centre, try qc's bagel bar on the lane in between all bar one and orchard square

Woody's is SO the best!

Wendy's cafe on Chesterfield rd :) They do a have some lovely special sandwiches . If defently my fav.

dont know if anyone already said this but if you go to b&q carpark at hillsborough there is a sandwhich van and it is the best i have had in years we now attend on a sunday morning regularly the guys are friendly and the prices are good.