Injections at the dentist

Its cos im a bad astmatic, no other reason

Apart from you being a big girl! What has being asthmatic got to do with it unless you're a big girl first! Millions of asthma sufferers go to the dentist as normal you know!

my partner has a massive phobia about dentists, he goes regular but if he needs treatment they have to send him to charles clifford, hes due to go end of nov for extensive mouth surgery, he was told by c/ clifford that he would be totally put under, if they only sedate with happy air then theres no way on this earth he will let them do the work.

what does it feel like? Honest answers only please

I am really nervous bout my appointment this afternoon!!

HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:help::help::help::help:

Our dentist rubs your gum first with a bit of anaesthetic gel, then when he does do the injection you can hardly feel it at all. I *hate* needles & the gel does make things a lot better.

It hurts a bit, but it's fine. I've had LOADS. One time I had 6 in one go...

(And I'm asthmatic). Hate going to the dentist though.

I did not have my first filling until I was 29 so was worried about the needle. I did not feel it! All it felt was that the dentist pressing his finger on my gum, I never even felt the needle just the pressure from his finger.

Don't worry, the worst bit is keeping your mouth open when they do the filling.:lol:

My daughter has a reaction to needles at the dentist. For hours after she can't get warm and shakes with the cold. It passes but she is pretty miserable for a while. So just be warned!

blade 360 is it anxiety you suffer from ?

he suffers from chicken **** syndrome hahahahahaha :hihi:

i didnt like the needles either, the thought of it is far worse than it actually is, they dont hurt at all, i didnt even feel it the first time, and the second time i went back it was a tiny scratch, nothin to worry about at all....although i do still get all worked up whilst waiting to go in for no reason at all as its totally painless :hihi:

...although i do still get all worked up whilst waiting to go in for no reason at all as its totally painless :hihi:

I think it's the smell in the dentist's that gets you worked up. My stomach ties itself in knots at that horrible, distinctive smell!

Get on the gas and air, that's the only exciting part about going to the dentist. :)

So there is something to be said for having false teeth?