Injections at the dentist

what does it feel like? Honest answers only please

I am really nervous bout my appointment this afternoon!!

HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:help::help::help::help:

Its fine you have nothing to worry about. Its not the best feeling in the world when the needle gos in, but it does not hurt. But his is coming from a girl who likes the dentist.

Like a tiny pin prick. Also, you should consider this, if you don't have it, it will feel a hell of a lot worse

sharp pain, but very quick, trust me without the injection the pain would be far far worse! good luck and make sure you get a sticker for being good! i keep mine on the fridge.

if you dont like needles you could ask your dentist to refer you to charles clifford dental hosp, where they can put you to sleep without using a needle, but you do have to be referred by either your dentist or gp as charles clifford no longer do a walk in and wait system.

the pain is about the same as if you priked your finger, so not really bad at all. the diffrence is that youre expecting the gum injection so your a tensed up and expectin it to hert. the werst thing is dribbling afterwoods and biting your tong cos its numm.

i am going to charles cliffords and i am gettin sedated via happy air but im absolutely brickin it

they no longer put u 2 sleep

Awwe bless. Don't worry, Charles Clifford are reyt good.

Edited by Rah Rah Rah

i am going to charles cliffords and i am gettin sedated via happy air but im absolutely brickin it

they no longer put u 2 sleep

You big girl.

It dont hurt at all. Well not enough to chicken out of it.

:loopy:

I absolutely hate injections have a real phobia of needles so whenever I go to the dentist I always ask them to numb my gums first with a bit of anaesthetic. I always ask the dentist to either stand behind me or tell me when he is injecting and I then close my eyes and due to my gums feeling numb I then cannot feel the needle going in.

One time when I had gone to a new dentist I had forgotten to tell them about my phobia and the poor dentist came towards me with the needle in her hand and unfortunately nearly ended up with a black eye and the needle ended up at the other side of the room!! (Oops!).

Luckily she was very sympathetic and she then anaesthetised my gum and made sure there was a LARGE note made on my file regarding my phobia.

I don't very often go the dentist unless I am absolutely forced due to my needle phobia.

i too hate the dentist. the needle isnt that big ( about 2 inch or 50mm) its the handle that comes with it. looks like something you would shoot a shark with. horid thing it is. as it comes from over the top of your head try not to look. then he/she pushes the needle about 25mm or half inch into your gums. horid feeling but its over with in a second or 2 ( unless they hanve to do it again depending on where in ur mouth is being treat. if its the top ones at the front thats the worse because it feels like the needle is going right up the side of your nose.( thats because it as, to get to the nerve)

anyway, hold on tight and enjoy, after all you only go once a year, make the most of it.

its when you have to have canal treatment you have to worry. if anybody says that dont hurt , they are lying on a massive scale coz it is off the pain scale..