Best Chippy in Sheffield

Either the one in Greenhill Village (Dixons?) or Woodseats Fisheries.

Sarah's Plaice on Shiregreen Lane is top notch, batter to die for.

I second that just sent oh off for fish and chips from sarahs plaice ,my mouth is watering thinking about them.

Worst Chippy is Becketts (Manor Top) chips are like eating gravel :gag::gag:

Last time i had fish from there it tasted and looked about 3 years old.

Im new to the area but already tried a few chip shops in woodseats, i like the one on abbey lane- big portions!

i to like i Poseidon fish bar- its clean and good slection. They have started doing a lunch time menu now. I also keep meaning to try the sit down restaurant in town- anyone been there?

BEHAVE THE LOT OF YOU. Four Lanes Chippy on leppings lane is the finest chippy by far.

Woodseats Fisheries used to be called Ferguson's and was ace at one time but sadly third division now! ....Poseidon Abbey Lane is Premier league ......and is it Mushy Peas or Sloppy peas ??

Without a doubt and the winner hands down by a mile. Poseidon on Abbey Lane. Freshly cooked chips every time (no brown lunchtimers) Cod and Haddock as big as your forearm (including a low batter weight-watchers special BTW) Fantastic, friendly service and I drive past all the others on Woodseats to get to it! (All others pale into insignificance and offer those tiddley disappointing credit-crunch sized fish with batter like wet cardboard)

...Not that I'm biased guys ! ;)

Another vote for this great chippy :D

Norwood fisheries on Herries Road is lovely, fave is Chip 'n' scales on Sheffield Lane Top.