Football game abandoned after 45 minutes: what happens now?

Dundee Utd v Rangers this afternoon. Rangers lead 1-0 at half time, but there has been that much rain the game is abandoned.

Only 45 minutes were played and I think you have to play 60 for result to stand, so what happens now? Do they replay starting from scratch or replay second half at 1 nil?

Dundee Utd v Rangers this afternoon. Rangers lead 1-0 at half time, but there has been that much rain the game is abandoned.

Only 45 minutes were played and I think you have to play 60 for result to stand, so what happens now? Do they replay starting from scratch or replay second half at 1 nil?

The game will be replayed starting 0-0 for 90 minutes. I think the match has to go 90 minutes for a score to stand?

yes I agree think the match will be replayed..

yes I agree think the match will be replayed..

Under these circumstances, it will be replayed. I'm sure there have been UEFA games where a score has stood as a result of crowd violence etc.

Some bookmakers may have such a rule that fits in with Gina's thinking but it's the governing football body that matters.

The game will be replayed from the start at 0-0, as we have seen before clubs have given the other team a goal start by scoring an own goal at the beginning to make it fair.

It will be interesting if this happens with Rangers though seeing as there supposed to be far superior.

game has to be something like 75 mins in for the result to stand ,doubt a goal will be given away as that useally only occurss in circumstances like a riot or the like

game has to be something like 75 mins in for the result to stand ,doubt a goal will be given away as that useally only occurss in circumstances like a riot or the like

Nah m8 thats not correct atall.

Take a look at what Leicester did this after the player had a heart attack in the previous game and it got abandoned.

Very rare but great sportsmanship.......

Nah m8 thats not correct atall.

Take a look at what Leicester did this after the player had a heart attack in the previous game and it got abandoned.

When I put "a riot or the like " I assumed that covered a death on the pitch :)

1961 when this happened to the "Lawman" and City.

Denis Law missed out on an FA Cup scoring record because of the weather. The Scottish international had scored all six goals in Manchester City's 6-2 victory over Luton, on a quagmire of a pitch at Kenilworth Road, when the referee abandoned the game after an hour. The mind boggles as to what Law might have achieved had the game run its course. The abandonment wiped Law's efforts from the record books and just to rub his nose in it Luton won the re-arranged game 3-1, and Denis hit City's less than consolation goal.

Under these circumstances, it will be replayed. I'm sure there have been UEFA games where a score has stood as a result of crowd violence etc.

Some bookmakers may have such a rule that fits in with Gina's thinking but it's the governing football body that matters.

The convention in these circumstances if the match is not to be replayed, but awarded to a side, is for that side to be handed a 3-0 victory.

I am surprised that was allowed to happen, I can see the sportsmanship but it’s still got to be wrong.

The convention in these circumstances if the match is not to be replayed, but awarded to a side, is for that side to be handed a 3-0 victory.

There have been odd occasions where a result have just been allowed to stand (WBA leading Sheff Utd 3-0 when United ran out of players), or players have been summoned back to complete the game (there was a Spanish league match some years ago, abandoned with about ninety seconds to play .. they came back three months later to finish off!) but normally yes, either the game is considered as never having been played, or its awarded 3-0 by forfeit.