Rother valley tonight - 31/10/09

did anyone else on here go to rother valley tonight? it was absolutely pathetic! 10 pound to get in and once in you had to pay for everthin inside and thats if you waited in the que that was about 400 deep, and by the way all there was inside was a 'ghost train' a spooky woods and one food stall, but i should have guessed as when we was goin in there were lots of cars comin past and goin out and it had only been open half an hour, just wondered anyone else thought it were rubbish too

was'nt there a firework display as well, one was advertised.

yes went in by car, the firework display was not too clever. lasted about ten mins tops

You could have parked round the beighton side and walked in. Would that have saved you the money? :)

I went and thought it was terrible. The queue for the ghost train was huge, the queue for food massive. There was no-one to tell you where the fireworks were being let off and they were 30mins ( 30 mins seems a lifetime to a bored 4 year old)

According to the advertisement it was a "Withches Extravaganza" there was nothing extravagant about this event. Very dissappointing

very bad there was nowt there kids were bored in ten mins what a rip off

We didn't go to the side that had all the stuff-we parked at the other end and walked down to watch the fireworks, so I can't comment on the evening as a whole. However, I was pleasantly surprised with the firework display, it was much better then I thought it was going to be! menz how can a child be bored during a firework display? :o

We didn't get toseethe firework display as it was delayed for 30 mins which was enough for tantrums and tears to ensue meaning that we had to leave before they started. Had there been more to amuse the kids we may have been able to pacify them for half an hour!

Oh I apologise! I misunderstood! Are you talking about the first display? I onyl saw the second one :)

No the second display was delayed by 30 mins. We missed the first one because of the queues for the car park!

i too was unimpressed, a free gift was advertised for all who dressed up. we got out 2 year old a lovely outfit and I couldnt see anything anywhere about a gift, the queue was massive to get in, the food queue was huge and we didnt even attempt the ghost train queue.

the fire eaters looked good, but with a 2 year old we couldnt get close. she almost got trampled on several times (shes independent and walks well and we use reigns) we missed the first fireworks show. I was expecting to see a more co-ordinated display which considering the amount they must have raked in would have been a good idea.

some kind if lighting would have been good in areas too as my mate almost walked into the lake till I pointed out it was water.

I think it was overly full, although whoever was organizing the car parking deserved a medal! wasnt too much trauma to get parked, although took a while, and didnt take too long to get out either.