Tennis in Sheffield - Chat/Info

Hi,

I'm not interesting in joining an expensive tennis club or taking any tennis lessons..., I just want to find a tennis court (the closer to the city centre the better) to play with my mate...

Thanks in advance for your replies...

You'll find some on Winter Street just up from the uni roundabout.

Do you mean those in Weston Park ? The surface is really horrible, you can hardly guess where the ball is going after a bounce... :-)

any better ones?

Hillsborough Park. The courts were resurfaced a few years ago. There is car parking and also bus stops right next to them. I am not sure if there is a charge but I don't think so.

I've always played but haven't for a bit. All the people I used to play with are either married or worse! I'm 35 and I'm not that good but want to get much better. I work at a school so can get a free court but would prefer to play up at Graves tennis centre for a smallist fee. If you fancy a game or practise weekly then send me a email. [email protected]

Just wondered whether there were any tennis teachers out there or anybody who fancied a game. My game is ok, haven’t played for a number of yours so just getting back into it. (bit of a poor second serve!)

I play at the U-SPORT place on Northumberland Road, Crookes.

PM if your interested or for more info.

I'd be interested in playing if you fancy playing at graves park or graves tennis and leisure centre @ norton.

That invite is extended to all too, by the way.

Hi,

My mate and I are looking for a couple of tennis partners to share a doubles game up at the University.

Aged Ideally between 23 - 29, the ideal candidates should have a good sence of humour, be reasonably intelligent (to keep score) and be kitted out in the appropriate dress.

If you win, we'll buy you dinner.

Seriously, if you've got a mate and are looking to meet a couple of interesting, professional, funny blokes then PM me.

Dan

Hi all, i`m looking for a gym to go to, looked around a few, Graves seems nice, has anyone been to it & is it good? does anyone know?

I have been in and had a look around, it looks good. The beauty about this place is that you can "Pay as you go" or pay the monthly fee.

No pool or spa but its a lot better value than the big gyms if all you want is a gym.

I was thinking of going there also, hmm might have a goosey gander at it now.