Tennis in Sheffield - Chat/Info

Originally posted by Jamie

Maybe ... what days and time ?

No strictu arrangements, just a couple of times a week after work, between 6 & 7pm to destress whilst keeping fit! May even play on the odd weekend if available. Courts are on Collegiate Crescent...ideal for a wee drink in th'pub after:P

I'm up for it. Will non uni folk get it free also on that basis?

Not that I'm a tennis star you understand ... but ... yeah I'll give it a go Bloo.

My schedule is pretty full in the evenings between 6.00 and 7.00 though ... unless it's on a friday (my rest day) ... jam packed with pondsforge stuff and salsa etc ...

I can do friday's and weekends ... if that's any good to you let me know.

Be more than happy to go for drinkies after ... with you and / or dabouncer.

I'm sure my drinks will have to be soft drinks.... I'll be driving :(

Anyway... do you think we could schedult something for next week bloo / Jamie? I'm free in the evenings!

Originally posted by Jamie

My schedule is pretty full in the evenings between 6.00 and 7.00 though ... unless it's on a friday (my rest day) ... jam packed with pondsforge stuff and salsa etc ...

Its a tough life Jamie....

Playing games all day long;)

and then out dancing and playing stuff in the evening

Going out for Romantic meals

Looks like you could do with a course in time management to fit a bit more in.

:thumbsup:

Originally posted by mikey

Its a tough life Jamie....

Playing games all day long;)

and then out dancing and playing stuff in the evening

Going out for Romantic meals

Looks like you could do with a course in time management to fit a bit more in.

:thumbsup:

Playing games all day long ... that's called research !!!

hehe.

Originally posted by Blootiger

Are there any tennis players out there who'd like to join me play a few matches on an ongoing basis a couple of times a week? No worry as to cost coz I get it free at uni.

I'm up for that!! I was going to post a similar thread as I have just got back into the sport. I play at the police social club and can get a court for free, so not short of options on that front. Pm Bloo for when you go next time.

FOUR !!! ...... oops ... wrong game (bad joke day).

O.K any news on when this is going to take place? I'm playing Thursday and Sunday next week but i'm up for some more if anyone's going.

Does anyone know of any Tennis clubs around anymore. I know graves will have one but that's the other side of the city for me and I don't drive. Does Hillsborough still run one in the park? I just want to go and train again, nothing too serious.

Hi, hallamshire at the end of rustlings road near endcliffe park is a little intimidating, however it has excellent facilites and coaching staff. Although it is a little pricy, brentwood lawn tennis club (netheredge) is cheap and has basic but well maintained facilites, i dont know if they carry out coaching courses there but its worth a try.

Thanks for those Haza. I would prefer something closer to Stannington as I don't have my own transport, however I will take these into consideration as I have friends who live in those areas and have cars. Now I just have to get them interested in tennis:D