Tennis in Sheffield - Chat/Info

Hello.

I'm moving to Sheffield next 11 of October, to stay as a visiting scholar at the University of Sheffield until 13 of December. I would like to find someone to play tennis, which is my favourite sport.

My level is medium (more or less like Tim Henman:)

Would anyone like playing with me?

There is a good tennis club on Ecclesall Rd nr Endcliffe Park. I am sure if you pop in there you will be able to play with some members there. There will also be Tennis club and players at University

anybody tell me of a good tennis coach?and place to play, looked to get into it for a while but they all seem to teach on sat days and i work so it would mostly be at night when i could get there.

if anyone could help thankyou

Have you tried contacting 'Graves Tennis and Leisure Centre''?

It's situated on the Norton Centre (sheffield college) campus nr meadowhead.

They should be able to help you out mate.

Get their details from http://www.yell.co.uk

DB

==============================

EDITED SECTION

Found the details here :thumbsup:

i live across the road from the hallamshire tennis club. Its an excellent place to play tennis but quite expensive to become a member, and I don't know what they do for coaching but you can always enquire. It is on ecclesall road next to the hunters bar roundabout.

thanks dabouncer for all your help and info ill give them a call as soon as i can, cheers man:)

I have just moved to sheffield and im currently looking for a club I play to a good standard and have called many of the clubs but I can not Find a club with a good team I have played Ntional Club League NCL in the national division last year but as yet I have found no clubs that Have any teams at this level just wonderd if there are any clubs that have this standard of play Im sure there will be I just dont no which ones they are please let me no thanks

thanks mikey will try to get down to talk to one of the coaches to see what they recomend

I remember posting in this thread too!

Graves Tennis and Leisure Centre may offer some assistance in your queiry!!!

HTH:thumbsup:

Are there any tennis players out there who'd like to join me play a few matches on an ongoing basis a couple of times a week? No worry as to cost coz I get it free at uni.

Maybe ... what days and time ?