BNP member selling poppies in Morrisons (Catcliffe)

She wouldn't have been noticed unless she was also promoting herself and the BNP.

I]

was this wpman poppy seller stood in front of a b n p banner ? i wasnt there so wouldnt know,all i understand is she was giving her time to a charity

was this wpman poppy seller stood in front of a b n p banner ?

I very much doubt it, as Morrisons would soon have had her out the door. :D

Marlene Guest isn't the brightest of people but I don't think even she would be that stupid! :o

J

so what would be the outcome if other political parties were involved in selling poppies?

like this for example

http://www.enfield-today.co.uk/tn/news.cfm?id=43285&headline=MP%20highlights%20volunteer%20shortage%20with%20poppy%20sales

http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/news/4723059.Conservative_sells_poppies_from_Watford_High_Street_office/

are they doing it for charitable reasons or to further their parties cause ?

are they doing it for charitable reasons or to further their parties cause ?

To be honest nobody seems to know.

The problem seems to be that Marlene Guest is very well known locally, more so after standing in June as a BNP candidate in the Euro elections.

She also featured prominently in the Sky 'BNP Wives' programme which was repeated again, two weeks ago.

I don't think anyone is saying that BNP members shouldn't sell poppies in a private capacity. What people had issues with at Catcliffe, was the hypocrisy of someone, well known for her unsavory and uncharitable views of others, collecting money for charity.

The nearest thing I can think of to compare it with, would be Gary Glitter doing a turn on Children in Need. There is no law saying he shouldn't do it but it would hardly be appropriate, would it?

J

Sorry, but I'm dubious about any domain that is registered by someone using a proxy registration:

Registrant: Domain Discreet

ATTN: nothingbritish.com

Rua Dr. Brito Camara, n 20, 1

Funchal, Madeira 9000-039

PT

Why?

It is not like they are discreet about who they are:

James Bethell

James Bethell is Director of Nothing British. James has worked as a journalist at The Sunday Times and was managing director of the Ministry of Sound. He was Conservative candidate in Tooting during the 2005 election, was a co-founder of Reform and worked at Policy Exchange.

Tim Montgomerie

Tim Montgomerie is editor of ConservativeHome. Tim established the Conservative Christian Fellowship in December 1990 and was its Director for thirteen years. He has been a speech-writer for the Conservative Party . He was Iain Duncan Smith’s chief of staff and helped him to establish the Centre for Social Justice.

Tim launched ConservativeHome in 2005 and the group now includes Conservative Intelligence and America and the World.

James Howarth

James was previously a founding editor of PoliticsHome.com. He has over a year’s business experience working as an associate at a Private Equity consultancy firm in London. He gained his Masters in Politics from the LSE and his Masters in Physics from Oxford University.

Maurice Cousins

Maurice Cousins is a Researcher for Nothing British and Deputy-Editor of Nothingbritish.com.

Maurice has worked as a Research Assistant at Conservative Friends of Israel. He has previously worked for Douglas Carswell MP and the Centre for Social Cohesion. He has written for ConservativeHome’s Platform and The Scoop.

How are we organised and funded?

Nothing British’s corporate entitiy is called NBATBNP (Company No. 07031481). It is a private company, limited by guarantee, with no share capital, governed by section 30 of the Companies Act. The members are James Bethell and Tim Montgomerie. The registered offices are at 5 The Sanctuary, London SW1P 3JS.

We are funded by private donations. Anyone interested in making a donation can either click here or call us on +44 (0)203 397 0100.

http://www.nothingbritish.com/about/

Selling poppies, woooo big deal.

Good job he wasnt firing off a shotgun into the air judging from the wetness of some of the responses on this thread.

To be honest nobody seems to know.

The problem seems to be that Marlene Guest is very well known locally, more so after standing in June as a BNP candidate in the Euro elections.

She also featured prominently in the Sky 'BNP Wives' programme which was repeated again, two weeks ago.

I don't think anyone is saying that BNP members shouldn't sell poppies in a private capacity. What people had issues with at Catcliffe, was the hypocrisy of someone, well known for her unsavory and uncharitable views of others, collecting money for charity.

The nearest thing I can think of to compare it with, would be Gary Glitter doing a turn on Children in Need. There is no law saying he shouldn't do it but it would hardly be appropriate, would it?

J

Indeed the hypocrisy of a holocaust denier, trying to exploit the British Legion is just sickening.

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?p=5592332#post5592332

To be fair, NG is (how can I put this) a bit of a Rick (spelt with a silent "P" - Vivian - The Young Ones:D).

However, trying to shoehorn him into every single thread that mentions the BNP, is taking things a tad too far (especially when we're not in full posession of the facts).

Fully agreed on your description of NG - quite how even his own party of idiots take him seriously is beyond me.

That said, the poster Wildcat seems rather obsessed with him and I was wondering if there might be some personal vendetta involved.

Several possibilities I suppose, Wildcat may be defensive due to being in one or all of the groups the BNP does not wish to represent (is she a black Jewish immigrant lesbian?), or has some personal background which explains this morbid fascination with NG and the BNP, or is perhaps just an obsessed lefty who is angry at the world.

So why doesn't the British Army ban members of the armed forces from association with the BNP.

As I understand it the British army don't mind their services men and women from being associated with the BNP as long as they don't openly show support whilst in Uniform.

Strange world.

Take care

So why doesn't the British Army ban members of the armed forces from association with the BNP.

As I understand it the British army don't mind their services men and women from being associated with the BNP as long as they don't openly show support whilst in Uniform.

Strange world.

Take care

What right should the government have to tell its employees what vote they can make in an election?

What right should the government have to tell its employees what vote they can make in an election?

Ive not suggested that the government should tell its employees what to vote

in an election. I'm suggesting that if the Government are in effect saying that the BNP are fascists, why do they allow soldiers to become members or to even associate with them.

Its a hard to answer question.

Take care

Ive not suggested that the government should tell its employees what to vote

in an election. I'm suggesting that if the Government are in effect saying that the BNP are fascists, why do they allow soldiers to become members or to even associate with them.

Its a hard to answer question.

Take care

Because we don't live in a dictatorship. Vote for the BNP and you'll see the irony...maybe even physically feel it.