BNP member selling poppies in Morrisons (Catcliffe)

Not ok, but not an offence of the same magnitude. NG has made it his career to metaphorically **** on poppies.

true.. very true.. my point is now the legion has opened the door on who should and should not wear the poppy. my question is a fair one to ask.:|

Deleted by me!

Edited by sccsux

But Griffin wasn't selling poppies in Morrisons:confused:

No but she was collecting money for the BL to promote the BNP, NG's party.

Besides which she has similar views to her leader on the topic:

Here is what she said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrmQ8CvPpOg

She tells us some good came out of the Nazi human experiments like plastic surgery and dentistry. :loopy:

She cites as evidence an infamous holocaust denial pamphlet of lies written by an NF member. :gag:

And she explains her doubts about the numbers with the conjecture that it is a Jewish conpsiracy to put a guilt on the germans and get compensation. :gag::loopy:

The most favourable reaction possible to her is that she is a sad tragic stupid woman being exploited by some nasty people in the BNP. The alternative explanation is that she is simply a nasty person at home in the party.

Either way any reputable cause would want to keep their distance from her and the party she represents, especially one representing people that fought against the people she would excuse of the crimes some of them will have witnessed when they liberated Belsen.

Ps google video search "Hitchcock" and "Nazi" to see the evidence of what our soldiers uncovered. Warning the images are thoroughly disturbing.

Deleted by me!

Edited by sccsux

You don't know this.

She could've been simply collecting for a worth while charity (something she may have been doing for years).

She wouldn't have been noticed unless she was also promoting herself and the BNP.

But politics should have no place in charity fundraising (especially one that only happens once a year).

Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of the BNP (quite the opposite, in fact). But, if your going to stop one political party's members from collecting for you, then (in the interest of fairness and balance) you must exclude all other political parties too. This kind of action simply increases thier perception of "being victims in thier own country".

I don't see why you have to extend it to all political parties. it is only the BNP that has views so at odds with those of the British Legion.

Some examples:

Lance Corporal Johnson Beharry won Britain’s highest military honour, the Victoria Cross, for saving the lives of 30 British soldiers from his unit in Iraq. The BNP said that his bravery was “routine” and suggested that he was awarded the VC because of “politically correctness”.

Also, the BNP disrespectfully called L/Cpl. Beharry, who lives in London but was born in Grenada, an immigrant.

The Ghurkhas were contemptuously labelled as “mercenaries” by Nick Griffin on BBC Radio Five Live. He also said he didn’t think “the most overcrowded country in Europe, can realistically say, 'Look, you can all come and all your relatives.’”

In June 2009, Andrew Brons declared Dame Kelly Holmes MBE56, a veteran and former army physical trainer, as “not British”.

http://www.nothingbritish.com/wp-content/themes/default/images/StolenValour.pdf

Edited by Wildcat

Deleted by me!

Edited by sccsux

Deleted by me!

Edited by sccsux

No but she was collecting money for the BL to promote the BNP, NG's party.

Besides which she has similar views to her leader on the topic:

You seem to have a huge chip about NG - did he bully you at school or something?

The thing is, this thread is about a woman selling poppies in Rotherham.

OK, so she stood for the BNP, but stood before for the LibDems?

Was she collecting for the BL back then?

Was she allowed to collect for the BL in Morrisons back then?

My main contention throught this thread, is that anyone should be allowed to collect for any charity (criminal convictions allowing) regardless of thier political beliefs, to single out a single political party is a form of discrimination (something that the BNP are pretty big on).

What I do find ironic, is Griffin wearing a red poppy as a sign of his "patriotism" and "Britishness", especially when you consider that the red poppy is not indigenous/native to the UK:hihi:

But Griffin wasn't selling poppies in Morrisons:confused:

Personally Im not bothered whether Griffin or BNP members wear the poppy, what concerns me is people using the association for political purposes.

Ive no idea of the circumstances of Mrs Guest being identified as a BNP member at this shop and I earlier did ask the OP for a better account of it, assuming the story is a true one.

If she was collecting and minding her own business, then fair enough, but if she was identifying herself as a BNP member, either by wearing a lapel pin or some other form of identification, then that would be wrong in my opinion, just as it would if Abu Hamza applied to be a collector, their beliefs are at odds with those of the British Legion.

Deleted by me!

Edited by sccsux

Deleted by me!

Edited by sccsux