Bus strike tomorrow?? 31st October

No, as far as I know they run all the way to Sheffield, the old 23, 24 did this last Friday when Sheffield were on strike and I caught the 24 from Pond Street.

Hmmm, alright then, cheers. I'll give them a call in the morning, just to be sure.

does anybody know if the 32 is from olive grove depot or a Rotherham service?

NOTE THIS WAS THE LIST AS PUBLISHED BY FIRST SY ON 6th OCTOBER with amendments by me where known)

I am only aware of the 30 moving to a fully Sheffield operation so have removed from list

Please note that the following services will be running on these 3 days as they are operated by Rotherham depot:

14 - Herringthorpe to Meadowhall via Rotherham ( now part replaced with service 5)

17 - Sheffield to Meadowhall via Fox Hill and Parson Cross ( still Rotherham)

21 - Rotherham to Sheffield via Kiveton Park and Killamarsh ( now a 21/25 service)

23/23A - Rotherham to Sheffield via Dinnington and Handsworth( now x4 x5 x6 and may have become a Sheffield operation )

24 - Rotherham to Dinnington ( now 29)

28 - Meadowhall to Killamarsh via Woodhouse and Waterthorpe

31 - Rotherham to Meadowhall via Canklow and Brinsworth (no longer a first service)

32 - Rotherham to Sheffield via Brinsworth and Manor Top(still Rotherham)

43A - Rotherham to Meadowhall via Kimberworth Park (still Rotherham)

66 - Rotherham to Sheffield via Chapeltown and High Green ( still Rotherham)

69 - Rotherham to Sheffield via Tinsley and Attercliffe (still Rotherham)

206 - Rotherham to Sheffield via Dinnington and Darnall (?????)

X78 - Doncaster to Sheffield via Rotherham and Meadowhall (Still Rotherham)

Edited by silverknight

NOTE THIS WAS THE LIST AS PUBLISHED BY FIRST SY ON 6th OCTOBER with amendments by me where known)

I am only aware of the 30 moving to a fully Sheffield operation so have removed from list

Please note that the following services will be running on these 3 days as they are operated by Rotherham depot:

14 - Herringthorpe to Meadowhall via Rotherham ( now part replaced with service 5)

17 - Sheffield to Meadowhall via Fox Hill and Parson Cross ( still Rotherham)

21 - Rotherham to Sheffield via Kiveton Park and Killamarsh ( now a 21/25 service)

23/23A - Rotherham to Sheffield via Dinnington and Handsworth( now x4 x5 x6 and may have become a Sheffield operation )

24 - Rotherham to Dinnington ( now 29)

28 - Meadowhall to Killamarsh via Woodhouse and Waterthorpe

31 - Rotherham to Meadowhall via Canklow and Brinsworth (no longer a first service)

32 - Rotherham to Sheffield via Brinsworth and Manor Top(still Rotherham)

43A - Rotherham to Meadowhall via Kimberworth Park (still Rotherham)

66 - Rotherham to Sheffield via Chapeltown and High Green ( still Rotherham)

69 - Rotherham to Sheffield via Tinsley and Attercliffe (still Rotherham)

X78 - Doncaster to Sheffield via Rotherham and Meadowhall (Still Rotherham)

Thanks for that. Still misty on my Buses though so I'll check with a call in the morning.

all sheff buses stick to sheffield

It's not so much a case of Sheffield or Rotherham buses, so much as which garage a particular service operates from.

It's about time the PTE grew some balls and TOLD First to get something resolved or risk losing routes

First don't seem to operate very many of the contracted routes; the business routes they can run as and when they like, and the PTE has little authority to stop them; certainly not when the reason they are not currently running those services is because their employees are trying to blackmail them.

It's about time the PTE grew some balls and TOLD First to get something resolved or risk losing routes

They can only do that with tendered routes they have no say over commercial servicces

First don't seem to operate very many of the contracted routes; the business routes they can run as and when they like, and the PTE has little authority to stop them; certainly not when the reason they are not currently running those services is because their employees are trying to blackmail them.

If aroute it registered then they have to run it or face the consequences if the strike is prolonged then the commisoner can take action

206 is run by Rotherham depot so will run on OG strike days

If aroute it registered then they have to run it or face the consequences if the strike is prolonged then the commisoner can take action

Not against First, surely? They are not refusing to run it, it is the union that's on strike.

Or at least, if the commissioner takes action that costs First any of its business, they can sue the union to recover their losses.

Not against First, surely? They are not refusing to run it, it is the union that's on strike.

First have undertaken to run these routes. All that the Transport Executive is concerned about is whether they do so. An internal dispute is not their concern, it is First's responsibility to manage their own business competently, not the Executive.

Or at least, if the commissioner takes action that costs First any of its business, they can sue the union to recover their losses.

Let me know when this happens, I've got a couple of old hats that could do with being eaten.

this is crazy now wish they would get there finger out and sort it out :mad::mad::mad:

I say sack them and replace them with non-union workers instead. They have pushed their luck too far now itis time to call thier bluff.