JJ Signs new contract till 2011

Just been reading that Jermaine Johnson has signed a new contract till 2011, he need's to improve in my opinion, he blows hot and cold too much for my liking.

I am glad he has signed an extension.

He is eratic at times and the final product isn't always what it should.

That said, he is a threat and one of the few players we have with genuine pace who commits opposition players and can be a good outlet at times. He is over critcised as much as he under performs at times.

I am glad he has signed an extension.

He is eratic at times and the final product isn't always what it should.

That said, he is a threat and one of the few players we have with genuine pace who commits opposition players and can be a good outlet at times. He is over critcised as much as he under performs at times.

He need's to have some shooting practice jetowl, he seems to freeze when he see's the goal.

He need's to have some shooting practice jetowl, he seems to freeze when he see's the goal.

2nd leading goal scoring this season and a wide man for the most part.

2nd leading goal scoring this season and a wide man for the most part.

He hasn't scored since August, and when he scored his goals he scored them while he had that spell up front with Tudgay.

He hasn't scored since August, and when he scored his goals he scored them while he had that spell up front with Tudgay.

So, he can play up top as well then! You made a point of saying he "needs to have some shooting practice". Possibly but the fact is he is our 2nd leading goal scorer so far this season. What's that say about the rest of our squad?

Hence my point generally, despite his obvious short comings JJ is over criticised. For a mid table Championship club I would rather have him in our line up than against it.

We clearly have two talented but inconsistant wingers with Esasjas as well and Laws is trying to get the best out of them and should be appluaded for it. Lets look at what JJ does and not focus too much on what he doesn't do and hope he can improve in the meantime.

So, he can play up top as well then! You made a point of saying he "needs to have some shooting practice". Possibly but the fact is he is our 2nd leading goal scorer so far this season. What's that say about the rest of our squad?

Hence my point generally, despite his obvious short comings JJ is over criticised. For a mid table Championship club I would rather have him in our line up than against it.

We clearly have two talented but inconsistant wingers with Esasjas as well and Laws is trying to get the best out of them and should be appluaded for it. Lets look at what JJ does and not focus too much on what he doesn't do and hope he can improve in the meantime.

But if you don't curb his downfalls he will not improve, JJ aint that good believe me m8.

It's ok having blinding pace, but you have to use it constructivly, that's something JJ certainly doesn't do.

He run's down to many blind alleys and if things don't go his way in a match he goes missing.

How many has he scored 4 or 5, Peter Whittingham has scored about 10 or 11 this season i know a couple are pens but he aint half as fast as JJ, but he uses his his strengths well unlike JJ.

Just been reading that Jermaine Johnson has signed a new contract till 2011, he need's to improve in my opinion, he blows hot and cold too much for my liking.

I agree but when hes good hes really good m8, lets hope laws can get the best out of him more

But if you don't curb his downfalls he will not improve, JJ aint that good believe me m8.

It's ok having blinding pace, but you have to use it constructivly, that's something JJ certainly doesn't do.

He run's down to many blind alleys and if things don't go his way in a match he goes missing.

How many has he scored 4 or 5, Peter Whittingham has scored about 10 or 11 this season i know a couple are pens but he aint half as fast as JJ, but he uses his his strengths well unlike JJ.

He also wont improve if he don't encourage him and focus on what he is good at. Also, fans (most of which haven't even played the game within a million miles of pro level) nit picking and been over critical wont help either. How many times does JJ pick the ball up commit 2 or 3 defenders with his pace and then wins a free kick/throw in 30/40 yards nearer the opponents goal? That is "utilising" his pace. Not obvious to some fans who expect the perfect pass or final ball every time.

He has scored 4 this season. As for Whittingham, what sort of money will be on compared to JJ?

He also wont improve if he don't encourage him and focus on what he is good at. Also, fans (most of which haven't even played the game within a million miles of pro level) nit picking and been over critical wont help either. How many times does JJ pick the ball up commit 2 or 3 defenders with his pace and then wins a free kick/throw in 30/40 yards nearer the opponents goal? That is "utilising" his pace. Not obvious to some fans who expect the perfect pass or final ball every time.

He has scored 4 this season. As for Whittingham, what sort of money will be on compared to JJ?

JJ doesn't play to his strentghs and his overall team play is poor.

He forgets to track back, goes out of the game for long spells, and struggles against any defender who pushes on himslef.

I agree he should be willed on im all for that, but he plays one good game every 5 which is nowhere near good enough.

Whittingham may be on a decent wage but JJ could be if he improved his overall contribution to the team.

JJ doesn't play to his strentghs and his overall team play is poor.

He forgets to track back, goes out of the game for long spells, and struggles against any defender who pushes on himslef.

I agree he should be willed on im all for that, but he plays one good game every 5 which is nowhere near good enough.

Whittingham may be on a decent wage but JJ could be if he improved his overall contribution to the team.

He forgots to track back?? You must be watching a different player to me then Corker. "Appearing" to go out of the game for long spells can just be the nature of been a wide player. Not sure I agree he only has 1 good game in 5 either. As for his contribution to the team, to reiterate he is 2nd leading goal scorer and is a clearly our best outlet pace wise. Dont have the assists to hand.

Looks like we will have to agree to differ on this one mate.

We're all Wednesday aren't we?