Did a famous star visit your school

Not a lot of people remember this but in 1976 Olivia Newton John opened the school fete at High Storrs-eat your heart out Grease fans:

Fat chance of attracting a big star to Carter Lodge in the 70s.

Princess Anne and Linford Christie both visited Eckington School.

My music teacher ar Brook went on to be a big star.

My music teacher ar Brook went on to be a big star.

Who was it?

Who was it?

A "Thompson Twin". :D

Cliff Richard visited the Christian Union at my old school.

there are a few famous ex-High Storrs Pupils. (also known as "Old centralians") do they count as having "Visited?

TV prsenter, Paul Heiney (born Paul Wisniewski 20 April 1949 in Sheffield, Yorkshire)

I was in the same house and year as Wayne Bosworth, the renowned Chef, who was sadly killed in an car accident in June 2000. He became famous with his brother, Jamie, in the Restaurant trade, opening Rafters on Oakbrook Road, after training at the Savoy, in London. (Discovery, another member on here was, also in the same house and year.)

The late Prime Minister, Edward Heath, later Sir, was guest speaker at a High Storrs Speech Day.

Craig David visited the school but I wouldn't know him from Adam, nor would I describe him as a "star"!

I'm sure I remember David Prowse coming to Hucklow School in the mid 80s to teach us the Green Cross Code. Seems a bit far-fetched thinking about it now but I swear it happened! Or maybe I dreamed it.

We had the "swop shop" crew at Norfolk Juniors in the 70's, Neol Edmunds, Keith Chegwin Maggie forgot her surname but philburn is ringing in the distance.

We were on the show in Norfolk Park doing the "it's a knockout" thing, think the other 2 schools were Manor Lodge and Bluestones but can't be sure, may even have been Prince Edwards

in the 1970's, Dave, Dee, Beeky, Mitch and Tich (one of the top groups at the time)who were on at the Fiesta that week came to Hurlfield school to give out the awards on prize giving day.