Does Anyone Here Remember The Star Walk?

I remember the star walk. I remember Albert Parr very well. There used to be a photo of him on the wall in the Ball Inn on upwell street. I think its still there. My Dad entered a lot of star walks every year. He won cups and medals. It was a good day out for us when we were kids

I went in the Star walk in 1972,no training no practise suede boots road runner t shirt finished 102 out of 365 absolutely jiggered for want of a better word couldnt walk for two days and suffered with my joints ever since.(not the ones you smoke)

Did it in 86, it was the downhill parts that really hurt, its suprising how hard walking fast downhill is.

My dad, Colin Cardwell, was in the Starwalk in 1969, he came 2nd. Walked for Sheffield United Harriers. Just bought him the book and its been intresting listening to him talk about it.

i remember going to stand outside the five arches as a kid as my aunt lived opposite we used to make it a family day out we would shout at them and pass bottles of po to them

A long shot but did anybody take part in the 1976 Star Walk ?

I wasn't born then, but Hemlock might know someone who took part in it, the 70's were her heyday.

Like me you are just a young buck then scoobz.

Let the wizzend old men dream on - they're just jealous they're not as young as me!!:D

I used to watch the star walk in the 80s at hillsborough park. in 1988 i was 8 years old i said to my nan that one day i would win the star walk. 11 years later i did it, first took part in 1996 with no training and loved it so got in touch with geoff ford who was sheffield coach in 1997 i finished 2nd,1998 3rd then finally won it in 1999 and i dedicated the victory to my nan. the year after was the last ever one.

I was in the Star Walk in 1976 and came 3rd or 4th (or maybe even 5th cant remember) I was only just 16 1st youth finished in 1hour & 55 mins my Dad John(Paddy)Dowling was runner up on a number of occasions

Hi Rob (Dingo)

I new your dad we go way back.He has walked from John'Ogroats to landsend on several occasions for charity.Give him my regards Ray Colley