Should we bring the death penalty back?

Should we bring the Death Penalty back  

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should we bring the Death Penalty back

• Yes
    • No

There are no plans to debate capital punishment in Parliament and I do not think that the death penalty will be brought back in this country ...ever:thumbsup:

There are no plans to debate capital punishment in Parliament and I do not think that the death penalty will be brought back in this country ...ever:thumbsup:

That's because we have a loud minority of misguided interfering do-gooders who would rather see a serial murderer, paedophile or rapist walk free to do it again than be hanged.

Personally, I value the rights of the victims more than the criminals - but then I'm an old-fashioned right-winger - heaven forbid that we should protect the innocents from the violent dregs of society. That must be a fascist view!

can't be arsed to read 25 pages but without a shadow of a doubt for certain cases yes there should indeed be a death penalty

I would love to see the death penalty in this country if the justice system was fool proof, but its not, there can never be a 100% certainty that the right decision has been made as to someones guilt unfirtunately, otherwise I would be all for it.

Fair comment, sometimes they do get it wrong... More's the pity... Rven if they don't bring back Capital punishment though, I would still like to see life MEAN life for Murderers etc... Not just send them down for 10 years and let them out in 5 on Parole or whatever.

That's because we have a loud minority of misguided interfering do-gooders who would rather see a serial murderer, paedophile or rapist walk free to do it again than be hanged.

Personally, I value the rights of the victims more than the criminals - but then I'm an old-fashioned right-winger - heaven forbid that we should protect the innocents from the violent dregs of society. That must be a fascist view!

Not a fascist...just a one dimensional troll:rolleyes:

yes...the death penalty should be brought back....and they can start with all those plebs on big brother...including davina and that bloke with the geordie accent...in fact....especially him with the accent!!!!!

and include all that audience that stands outside when they get voted off...im sure its the same lot what were on noel edmonds house party

Not a fascist...just a one dimensional troll:rolleyes:

There we go again - don't like the view posted so you make troll accusations.

Can't you expand you mind, just a tiny bit, and take on the concept that some people's views might differ greatly from yours?

Should we reintroduce capital punishment?

Short answer - no.

Why not?

a) It's immoral

b) Innocent people will be exucuted

c) It has no deterrent effect

d) It debases the value of human life

Should we reintroduce capital punishment?

Short answer - no.

Why not?

a) It's immoral

b) Innocent people will be exucuted

c) It has no deterrent effect

d) It debases the value of human life

I agree with b and partially agree with c, disagree with the rest.

I agree with b and partially agree with c, disagree with the rest.

I see it like this Spyro ....if we are saying that it's wrong to kill someone -which is why murder is a crime - I don't see how it can be any less wrong just because the state says it's OK.

The guy who kills a guy because he's been messing with his wife, for example, might feel completely justified in hacking his love rival to death with a sword...but it doesn't make it right.

Like wise if we have capital punishment, and hang the guy who killed the guy...it's just a larger group of people doing what they think is Ok.

But is isn't. It's wrong to kill.