Woman gets whipped in public for wearing bra

I can remember having a very heated discussion with a friend's husband, on this matter, because he did not see that a wife had the right to say "no" to her husband if she so wished.
Bet your friends husband was a muslim.

I'm going to write to all local Imans asking them to sign my 'Afghan men don't starve your wives' petition and to contribute to setting up my Gay, Lesbian and Transexual Islam helpline.
Have you considered searching for the Golden Fleece or trying to find the end of the rainbow.

Yes but he is a special cat, rescued from a building site. I refuse to question my sexuality even if my wife does.

What does she say "you be Frank tonight and I'll be Frankie tommorow night"

PT - you are defending the indefensible.

Depends how you look at it, but the facts are that women do get a raw deal in the Islam system, arranged marrages etc..... often very pretty young women paired of with a bloke who looks like a wearwolf, and smells like a rabbits bottom, thats old enough to be the brides dad.

She got whipped for wearing a bra, god what would have happened is she had taken off the bra ?

PT - you are defending the indefensible.

Depends how you look at it, but the facts are that women do get a raw deal in the Islam system, arranged marrages etc..... often very pretty young women paired of with a bloke who looks like a wearwolf, and smells like a rabbits bottom, thats old enough to be the brides dad.

She got whipped for wearing a bra, god what would have happened is she had taken off the bra ?

FYI forced marriage is illegal in Islam, they are actually cultural practices and have nothing to do with religion. Also all this bra rubbish has nothing to do with Islam and everything to do with nutcases.

Linesman, do you purposely troll through this forum just looking for threads that involve Islam so that you can vomit all over them with your incessant ignorance?

It's been a while since this thread was started. I wonder if any mosques in the rest of the world took up my suggestion? In post 61 on 29 October. Plenty of time for them to have got a petition up, sent it off and got a reply, would you say?

The Saudi Arabian King is having a tough time reigning in the desert-bedoiun clerics and amalgamating the rest of the Musilm worlds teachings into Saudi Arabia (ie> non wahabism). So credit to him. Its a tough job but someones got to do it.

. Also all this bra rubbish has nothing to do with Islam and everything to do with nutcases.

Nutcases eh? So you agree that in muslim countries lunatics are running the asylums.

they are actually cultural practices and have nothing to do with religion. Also all this bra rubbish has nothing to do with Islam and everything to do with nutcases.
I understand this line but what I don't understand is, if you don't agree with it, why do the UK mosque committees not communicate with the mosques in other places, saying that their actions are unacceptable in the 21st century?

You all seem to do a lot of 'explaining' and 'excusing' but never seem to take any direct action to make your views known in the circles where they need to be known? I'd be quite willing to write pointing out that their actions are unacceptable in various circumstances. But I feel that the criticism would come better from 'their own', as the rest of us are all far too stupid to be able to understand anything about Islam :)

I also didn't realise the men were 'nutcases'. I thought they were the religious police specifically charged with this duty? If they're just nutcases, why aren't they arrested and charged with ABH or GBH? Or at the very least discliplined and sacked? And given psychriatric help.

I understand this line but what I don't understand is, if you don't agree with it, why do the UK mosque committees not communicate with the mosques in other places, saying that their actions are unacceptable in the 21st century?

Mosques? What have they got to do with it?

Maybe madam there is the problem in perception, to regard Mosques as Muslim Churches. I'm afraid Im afraid it'll take too long explaning but simply, the community controls the Mosque rather than the Mosque controling the community.

Mosques? What have they got to do with it?

Maybe madam there is the problem in perception, to regard Mosques as Muslim Churches. I'm afraid Im afraid it'll take too long explaning but simply, the community controls the Mosque rather than the Mosque controling the community.

I find that wrong Tabby... Why should the community of the mosque control it when scripture defines religion and belief as the only truth.. ?? suppose its friday ;)