Best toyshop in Sheffield?

Wilkinsons on the haymarket have a great range with many at 1/2 price at the minute. Go and check them out. Their toy range is loads better than previous years, gone more branded with stuff.

Teddy bear maker in Hillsborough, a neat little emporium of goodies apart from making bears they have some cracking stuff for little kids, I bought one of their little pigs that snores and stuff it's well cute, and some cool sesame street and in the night garden stuff.

They have also got some of those go go pets (dunno hamster things in runs that are apparently the rage this christmas and out of stock elsewhere) I saw the poster in the window last week.

Redgates:sad:

Still the best toyshop in Sheffield I say!

Utter bliss for a young lad with pocket money burning a hole in his erm... pocket.

we used to go to town every saturday as a family (well, my mom, elder brother & sister), we'd get the no7 from the Sportsman at Stannington & get off at Campo Lane opposite the Golden Ball.

Then we'd walk up the hill towards Pinstone Street, stopping at the top of Fargate to go in the Golden Egg for food & coffee!

then it was do whatever my mom needed to do in town, ususally the markets of Walshes or even Cocaines (I'm sure it wasn't spelt like that, but I can't recall) - once got stuck in a lift in there & have had a fear of enclosed spaces & big groups of people ever since

we'd always finish our day with a hike down to redgates, where we'd spend over an hour making mental notes of stuff to put on our xmas lists!

occassionally she'd buy us a treat if she had enough money & we'd been well behaved, I would usually pick some plastic soldiers, occassionally some new weapons or outfits for my Action Men!

Great memories, thanks

I found an old redgates carrier bag in the loft a few months ago. Stopped in my tracks and thought of all the happy memories :) used to love those huge Lego displays they used to make, remember a huge Lego starwars display once. Good times.

I went shopping with my nephew yesterday and got some good toys for poundland. Its pot luck for branded toys but for a pound each abd considering how fast children change there toys you cant go wrong!!!

I found an old redgates carrier bag in the loft a few months ago. Stopped in my tracks and thought of all the happy memories :) used to love those huge Lego displays they used to make, remember a huge Lego starwars display once. Good times.

Lots more shops than I'd realised, plenty of time to go round and check them out before Christmas.

Re Redgates, anyone know why it closed?

Re Redgates, anyone know why it closed?

Wasn't it down to Hamely's opening up in competition? Or was there another reason?

I can't see Redgates surviving in the era of Toys R us though.

Does Anybody remember Beatties that use to be where Maplin now is opposite the peace gardens, there used to be one in Meadowhall to, whatever happend to them?

ah redgates - getting on x92 (limited stop!!!!) for 4p from rawmarsh to sheffield then down to the moor to go to redgates.

happy days - we had coopers in rotherham which was good but Redgates was one of the biggest days out of the year to a young lad.