Attercliffe lads

I dont remmeber John Townsend but remember Glen and Paul Howe (the tank). A good prop forward in his day. When you see Glen tell him that Mick Redrearn has passed away. In Chetwynd BC where he was Town Clerk. As I understand it they met up again in Canada but lost contact. Mick and Glen were both old hartley brook students.

my husband was in the same class as john townsend and glen pickard at hartley brook school the last time he saw john townsend a few years ago he was working at a large car dealership in sheffield glen pickard came over to uk a couple of weeks ago to see his mother (glens in the process of moving to miami) he says he is coming back over at christmas time for a few days

my family lived on ripon street wonder if anyone knows any of them the wrights charlie.gary.peter,robert susan jack colin vicky and neil aka fuzzy

Hi I dont know if any-one is interested, but just been going through my wife's old books. She used to belong to a historical group. Point is I've come across 2 books relating to Attercliffe, printed about 1981. You may already have these,, 'Growing up in Attercliffe £2.50 and Sheffield's East Enders' £3.95, but if not, just get back to me on here and i'll give you the book numbers. Possibly the libraries will have them. I'm not an ex Attercliffe lad, but very proud of working at Edgar Allens, Hadfields.,ESC etc. since '42.

hi jogi just catching up on foram answere to your post from pub bottom lock house lane (tinsley hotel) up lane a firm called sheffield hollow drill then tommy wards scrap yard then metro vics the pheasant inn(stumble inn}large open space were fairs and circus used to come carbrook church then ferns garage bob hewit barbers plumber shop then broughton lane.if possible i would like book no,and authours regards aj

Hi Carbrooklad. Thanks for the details Lockhouse Lane Broughton Lane. Just the job.The book details are: 'Growing up in Attercliffe' by Alfred Green. ISBN 863210 907490 00 X. The publishers were New City Paperbacks, Urban Theology Unit, 210 Abbeyfield Rd.,Sheffield S4 7AZ The other is 'Sheffield's East Enders', By Keith Farnsworth ISBN 0 86321 073 2 Sheffield City Libraries. Dont miss 'em. Cheers. Most of my memories are centered betwwen Tinsley Tram Sheds and Plumpers road having married into the Savage familiy.(Bryan cremated last week. (he spent all his working life at Tinsley Wire as maint. joiner). Cheers.

whats tha meen had
I see you more than them....:hihi:

my family lived on ripon street wonder if anyone knows any of them the wrights charlie.gary.peter,robert susan jack colin vicky and neil aka fuzzy

Jack Wright married a relative of mine..

james arthur yates does anyone remember him he lived on alfred rd has im trying to find any info

his stepfather was called charlie wright my father sold fruit and veg on a hand barrow.and used to do boxing any info would be appreciated has he died when i was 5

Edited by yatesace

Hi Carbrooklad. Thanks for the details Lockhouse Lane Broughton Lane. Just the job.The book details are: 'Growing up in Attercliffe' by Alfred Green. ISBN 863210 907490 00 X. The publishers were New City Paperbacks, Urban Theology Unit, 210 Abbeyfield Rd.,Sheffield S4 7AZ The other is 'Sheffield's East Enders', By Keith Farnsworth ISBN 0 86321 073 2 Sheffield City Libraries. Dont miss 'em. Cheers. Most of my memories are centered betwwen Tinsley Tram Sheds and Plumpers road having married into the Savage familiy.(Bryan cremated last week. (he spent all his working life at Tinsley Wire as maint. joiner). Cheers.

Hi JOGI , My name is Savage , my Dad came from Alfred Road ,do you have anymore info on the Savages ?.

Hi JOGI , My name is Savage , my Dad came from Alfred Road ,do you have anymore info on the Savages ?.

That name rings a bell, did you go to Maltby street school?

Hi Gracie.A few brief details of the Savages. I believe they originated from Whiston. Father was Fred, Wife Ruth, 5 kids, Margaret Ruth (my wife), Doug ,Bryan, Dorothy,Anne. Margaret has mentioned Bright St., Carbrook school, Abbeydale Grammar. But I think they would be best known the other side of Tinsley Bridge (Plumpers Road), I know some relations lived there. Fred (father-in-law) a well known figure (slater/tiler). It's a long shot but you never know. Sorry Linnet, didnt notice your post as I typed above. I personally didnt go to Maltby St. school (not a Savage) but cant answer for the Savages. Cheers

Edited by JOGI

hi discovery

lived on carltonville road 1939/1964 many happy memories of lants fish/chip shop best on common went to carbrook county inf/junr then to coleridge road with your dad happy day down carbrook/attercliffe what a great place to grow up regards aj

Hi my family lived on Amberley street then on Berkley road, we went to Carbrook school and my sister went to Coleridge road, the rec was at the top of Berkley road I spent many an hour on the swings. It was the best years of our lives we didn't have much but the memories will stay forever, has will the characters who lived it.

Red

hi,everyone sorry but lants did not cook the best fish and chips but alf jackson did or( jacksons ) the next chippy down lants did great peas they where in a great big pan which was on a small gas ring, and must have been cooking for years. Jacksons i remenber seeing coachs outside on Saturday nights and the shop full of people. What as happened to our fish and chip shops now they are crap,but as they are run bye forigeners what can we expet.