Attercliffe lads

---------- Post added 13-08-2018 at 16:45 ----------

[/color]

I have not heard my old nickname for 60 odd years "Bugsy Megson".

I am still alive 71 now playing golf 4 days a week, past captain of the Pontnewydd Golf Club in Wales and now the Seniors Captain. I remember all of the of the names above. I believe John Curtain is no longer with us.

Keep in touch It would be great to hear about everyone from the past.

I remember you, Im Glyn Hannans sister

Christine Almond... I lived on Bodmin Street next door to Nancy Wright who fancied the pants off you. Mr Inman was my form teacher for last year at Hartley Brooke. Brilliant man. The play ran for 3 nights and earned a small mention in the Star. Listing all characters and actors. .still got the clipping. .... do you remember ' Tosh ' Hampton , Tony ? He died long time ago... that came as quite a shock as did Terry Morgan. Yes he moved to Tinsley as someone else mentioned. We used to see him and his wife in the club and pubs.

I knew your Ernest when I was younger

Hello Christine:

I do remember you and the play but not a lot of detail, but I do remember the Star clipping. We should all have gone to Hollywood ! I'm sorry I guessed at the wrong Christine, that was such a popular girls name then

I remember you being in the same yard as Ann and Nancy Wright, and many others on Bodmin St, like Geoff Cooper, Paul Howe, Joe O'brien, Josie Parkin, Albert Ensman, and then myself, Roger Hole, Edwina Hill and Dennis Green were at the Britnall St end. Most of these people went to HB. Do you remember Mike Ashworth from Bodmin St ? I saw him and his wife, Sandra Stevens, two years ago at a reunion at the Liberal Club, as well as Pat Pickering and Jane McCormick, both HB. They usually hold the reunion in November, for Attercliffe and Brightside people but anyone from around the area.

Were you in the year behind me or two years behind ? The old school held great memories for me, although I wasn't the best behaved pupil, Pop Allen caned me twice and I got four each time. Can 't remember what it was for now, but I am sure I deserved it.

So what happened to Nancy? I know she married Paul Francis from Francis St. Where was Tony Hampton from ?

You can get me on my email glennepickard@hotmail.com and then we can exchange stories. I was in Sheffield last month, did a tour of the 'Cliff and there are some new (10-12 years old )houses built where Bodmin and Britnall St. used to be

Can anyone recall the Sharrocks and the Scarbroughs :help:

fred ,david, hemry, jack ,sunny , max ,kath, megan , annie ,ray ,evelynn,johnny,geo and a few more

Bossy boots. Would you know, Norma Marsh ... Carol Gabbitas.... Linda Thulborn... probably got last names spelled wrong ... they all lived round there and went to huntsmans gardens. Then Hartley Brooke. Carol Higgins as well.

On ‎14‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 17:57, Christine xx said:

Christine Almond... I lived on Bodmin Street next door to Nancy Wright who fancied the pants off you. Mr Inman was my form teacher for last year at Hartley Brooke. Brilliant man. The play ran for 3 nights and earned a small mention in the Star. Listing all characters and actors. .still got the clipping. .... do you remember ' Tosh ' Hampton , Tony ? He died long time ago... that came as quite a shock as did Terry Morgan. Yes he moved to Tinsley as someone else mentioned. We used to see him and his wife in the club and pubs.

Christine just to let you know , I married Nancy's sister,,, Ann

On ‎15‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 16:20, glennpickard said:

Hello Christine:

I do remember you and the play but not a lot of detail, but I do remember the Star clipping. We should all have gone to Hollywood ! I'm sorry I guessed at the wrong Christine, that was such a popular girls name then

I remember you being in the same yard as Ann and Nancy Wright, and many others on Bodmin St, like Geoff Cooper, Paul Howe, Joe O'brien, Josie Parkin, Albert Ensman, and then myself, Roger Hole, Edwina Hill and Dennis Green were at the Britnall St end. Most of these people went to HB. Do you remember Mike Ashworth from Bodmin St ? I saw him and his wife, Sandra Stevens, two years ago at a reunion at the Liberal Club, as well as Pat Pickering and Jane McCormick, both HB. They usually hold the reunion in November, for Attercliffe and Brightside people but anyone from around the area.

Were you in the year behind me or two years behind ? The old school held great memories for me, although I wasn't the best behaved pupil, Pop Allen caned me twice and I got four each time. Can 't remember what it was for now, but I am sure I deserved it.

So what happened to Nancy? I know she married Paul Francis from Francis St. Where was Tony Hampton from ?

You can get me on my email glennepickard@hotmail.com and then we can exchange stories. I was in Sheffield last month, did a tour of the 'Cliff and there are some new (10-12 years old )houses built where Bodmin and Britnall St. used to be

glen. ive just joined this forum site, and read that you asked the question what happened to Nancy Wright, ,,,, I married her sister Ann, and Nancy lives in chapeltown

I lived on uttley street in the 50s  the boxer billy Calvert also lived there 

On ‎28‎/‎10‎/‎2009 at 17:37, Shem said:

hI GORDON3 THERE WERE LASSES AS WELL ON CLIFF WHO THUOGHT IT WERE BEST PLACE ON GODS EARTH WE DIDN;T HAVE TO GO TO TOWN FOR ENTERTAINMENT WE HAD IT ALL ON THE CLIFF AND SOME GOOD LOOKING LADS ANALL NEMIND WYBOURN LADS AND DARNALL LADS NOT A PRAYER

hi lived on Otter Street do you remember a Roy Taylor who lived on Baker Street ?

I played rugby at Hartley Brook school with the names mentioned by Xenia

I have not heard my nickname Bugsy Megson for 50 years I am 72 now and still going strong, must have been the jam sandwich's. 

Hello to you all, my grandad went Hartley brook,was also in a rugby team,my nan showed me a team photo,he's Sat in the front row,was said to have been good. His name Michael Greenwood...

On 07/10/2019 at 17:01, Bob Megson said:

I played rugby at Hartley Brook school with the names mentioned by Xenia

I have not heard my nickname Bugsy Megson for 50 years I am 72 now and still going strong, must have been the jam sandwich's. 

To me and Tony Driver you will always be Bugsy,that's how we knew you at the Central.