Attercliffe lads

My mum and dad used to live down cliffs they called Tracey Shaw and Keith Butterley

---------- Post added 30-10-2017 at 15:13 ----------

Hi my nannan Maureen Rowan used to dance on skating ring

i knew keith, gary, steven,tony bev, and i think tracy, last saw keith 40 years ago gary about 20 years .out side childrens hospital. there mother was a nice woman

Edited by backwardben
added

i knew keith, gary, steven,tony bev, and i think tracy, last saw keith 40 years ago gary about 20 years .out side childrens hospital. there mother was a nice woman

Hi backwardben could I ask your name I'll ask my dad if he remembers you and their past away when she was in her 40s

hi hutchclass63 tony was my brothers bestman at many moons ago

---------- Post added 13-08-2018 at 16:45 ----------

[/color]

Glen Pickard was mentioned on here some time ago by Mick Redfearn an Attercliffe lad who passed away a few weeks ago in Chetwynd British Columbia. Apparently Glen emigrated to Canada many years ago and set up a small airline in that country. I went to school at Hartleybrook Secondary modern and Glen was one year above me that would make him about 62/63 now. John Curtain was about the same age as Glen and was the Rugby team captain at Hartleybrook (we had a very good team) won the Price cup. Others in the team wee Dennis Topham, Dave Simmonite, Keith Smith, Bugsy Megson, Mick Lee, as to what happened to to John I regret i have no idea.

I have not heard my old nickname for 60 odd years "Bugsy Megson".

I am still alive 71 now playing golf 4 days a week, past captain of the Pontnewydd Golf Club in Wales and now the Seniors Captain. I remember all of the of the names above. I believe John Curtain is no longer with us.

Keep in touch It would be great to hear about everyone from the past.

Edited by BobMegson

Yes I remember Bugsy Megson and his brother Terry very well. Both football crazy like me.

Also heard John Curtain passed on about 10-15 years ago, VG rugby player.

By the way what is the name behind "Xenia ?"

Glen do you remember Dave Pinder he is about your age and lived at

30 Stephenson rd. we lived at 34 Baldwin street just off Stephenson rd.

yes I do remember the Pinder name but can't quite recall the face ? Was he a football player ?

I remember where you lived, quite close the the shop that Michael and Derrick Taylor had.

Glen do you remember Dave Pinder he is about your age and lived at

30 Stephenson rd. we lived at 34 Baldwin street just off Stephenson rd.

Do you or anyone remember the Ledger family , lived just off Stephenson rd on Birch road

I remember Violet Berry. She went to live in a flat and she cleaned the betting office at Highate Tinsley. Unfortunately she passed away some years ago. I haven't seen Stan or Mick for some years now. Aunty Violet was the sister of my uncle Albert Spurr, he married my mums sister May.

Thankd for the reply,you are correct in what you say, I used to visit Aunt Violet on Sundays,I was about 8 or 9 years old and she had an aunt Mary Ann who lived there.Mick and Stan were in the Army on conscription. Aunt Mary Ann was my Grandma,s sister.

---------- Post added 03-09-2018 at 22:26 ----------

Thankd for the reply,you are correct in what you say, I used to visit Aunt Violet on Sundays,I was about 8 or 9 years old and she had an aunt Mary Ann who lived there.Mick and Stan were in the Army on conscription. Aunt Mary Ann was my Grandma,s sister.

ps I was born in 1945 and lived in Hillsborough

Glenn pickard.. do you remember being in the school play ( Beside the seaside ) you played Tony Brett I played Mrs Austin the landlady. 1962 ish. ?

Edited by Christine xx

Christine:

I assume you mean a school play at Hartley Brook ? Yes I loved to be in the plays, as I recall they were managed mostly by Mr. Inman ?

Which Christine are you ? The play I remember most at HB was one called "The man in the Bowler Hat." John Rawson played that man, and he came on at the beginning, in a Bowler, never moved and stayed on stage until the end ! All the kids were asking "What was he doing there?"

This is for GAZ 786. I lived at 28 Brinsworth St. for a while, the house was owned by Mr. Mrs. Elliot, such nice people. My mother and step dad rented part of the house. The Elliots had two grandchildren as I recall, Janet and Tony. I especially remember Janet as she was so attractive

---------- Post added 12-09-2018 at 11:46 ----------

Christine XX:

yes I remember most of the plays, I used to like participating. Which Christine were you ? I remember three Christines at school ! The play I remember most was the "Man in the Bowler Hat." Mr. Inman used to manage most of them as I recall

---------- Post added 13-09-2018 at 16:21 ----------

My guess is Christine Garner ?

Christine Almond... I lived on Bodmin Street next door to Nancy Wright who fancied the pants off you. Mr Inman was my form teacher for last year at Hartley Brooke. Brilliant man. The play ran for 3 nights and earned a small mention in the Star. Listing all characters and actors. .still got the clipping. .... do you remember ' Tosh ' Hampton , Tony ? He died long time ago... that came as quite a shock as did Terry Morgan. Yes he moved to Tinsley as someone else mentioned. We used to see him and his wife in the club and pubs.