Attercliffe lads

Apologies for coming in on your Attercliffe discussions, but I'm sure you lads and lasses can help with my failing memory. Although since 1942, I've worked ( at Edgar Allens, Hadfields, Tinsley Wire, and married a girl from the side of the Plumpers pub 55 years ago), my memory has blanked out on a certain section of Attercliffe road. I'm trying to recall the section between Lock-House lane ,(opp. tram sheds) and Broughton Lane. I can recall the pub at bottom of Lockhouse Lane and the then Wraggs the Roofers, bottom of Broughton Lane, but nothing in between. I've got a vague memory of Metro-Vickers somewhere. Was there a Tommy Wards Scrap yard near the tram sheds.? Thanks

Hi Wain, Can't remember your name - the memory isn't as good as it used to be. My sister Betty was in Miss Ramsden's class & didn't get on with her at all, my teacher was Miss Hoyle. They were good days.

Hi Gosling

I loved Mrs. Taylor (nee Ramsden) She is the teacher who made a difference in my life.

Now Miss Hoyle was a different story.

She scared the living daylights out of me. She told us that she had eyes in the back of her head. and when she was playing the piano she could see exactly what was going on in the classroom behind her. Of course I believed her. When she played that piano I did not move a muscle.

The picture in my mind of Miss Hoyle is of the back of her head!

I wasin Attercliffe Baker Street 1944 and lived there for 21 years went to Huntsmans Gardens school till I was 11 what a place do you have memories just the cinemas the pubs the shops open until turned 10 o clock on a Saturday you could buy anything from down the cliffe.
HAD relations down cliffe SHARROCK aka big norm was the dad paul mike and diane not to mention AUNTY GLADYS:hihi:

hi buddyshuddy; freddy davison was he dugies brother who died last year?

hi,he may well have been duggies brother,i remember his mother having a child in the late 40s. I left attercliffe in 1953 to go to the new hackenthorpe estate and totally lost touch with all my pals.

sorry mate i dont remember them but i lived down the cliffe from 1944 to 1965 went to huntsmans gardens school till i was 11years old anyone remember Miss Glossop she used to throw the blackboard rubber.Does anyone remember Pete Hatton Barry Fairhead Ann Smith Graham Westwood Michael Holmes Raymond Thompson Margaret Haywood Mick Christian Paul Sheldon to name just a few who were around at the same time I need to get the old memory into top gear could do with a jolt.

Gordon, I remember you, went to school with your brother Len.

Hi

Does anyone remember my grandparents -

Edith and Lewis Lant of Lant's fish and chips, Attercliffe Common? Or my Dad, Ian who went to Coleridge Road School.

hi discovery

lived on carltonville road 1939/1964 many happy memories of lants fish/chip shop best on common went to carbrook county inf/junr then to coleridge road with your dad happy day down carbrook/attercliffe what a great place to grow up regards aj

Hi

Does anyone remember my grandparents -

Edith and Lewis Lant of Lant's fish and chips, Attercliffe Common? Or my Dad, Ian who went to Coleridge Road School.

lants fish and chips were the best ever

HAD relations down cliffe SHARROCK aka big norm was the dad paul mike and diane not to mention AUNTY GLADYS:hihi:

whats tha meen had

Glen Pickard was mentioned on here some time ago by Mick Redfearn an Attercliffe lad who passed away a few weeks ago in Chetwynd British Columbia. Apparently Glen emigrated to Canada many years ago and set up a small airline in that country. I went to school at Hartleybrook Secondary modern and Glen was one year above me that would make him about 62/63 now. John Curtain was about the same age as Glen and was the Rugby team captain at Hartleybrook (we had a very good team) won the Price cup. Others in the team wee Dennis Topham, Dave Simmonite, Keith Smith, Bugsy Megson, Mick Lee, as to what happened to to John I regret i have no idea.

does anyone remember john townsend, glenn pickard, john curton, or david downes, they were all mates of mine at sometime.

does anyone remember john townsend, glenn pickard, john curton, or david downes, they were all mates of mine at sometime.

my husband was in the same class as john townsend and glen pickard at hartley brook school the last time he saw john townsend a few years ago he was working at a large car dealership in sheffield glen pickard came over to uk a couple of weeks ago to see his mother (glens in the process of moving to miami) he says he is coming back over at christmas time for a few days

Hi I dont know if any-one is interested, but just been going through my wife's old books. She used to belong to a historical group. Point is I've come across 2 books relating to Attercliffe, printed about 1981. You may already have these,, 'Growing up in Attercliffe £2.50 and Sheffield's East Enders' £3.95, but if not, just get back to me on here and i'll give you the book numbers. Possibly the libraries will have them. I'm not an ex Attercliffe lad, but very proud of working at Edgar Allens, Hadfields.,ESC etc. since '42.