Attercliffe lads

would you really Dinnerlady no central heating toilet across the yard no hot water the times were good the conditions were crap

I remember the drain in the middle of our yard couldn't cope in heavy rain and the yard would flood. I was always disappointed that it never flooded enough to stop me going to school (Wodbourn Road).

I know we did'nt have central heating but we did have hot water and in those day's we did not know of all the mod cons that we have now.We lived in a yard of five houses one of those houses lived the hewitt's they had a barber shop on Attercliffe Common and we knew elsie as our auntie elsie they were a lovely family we all got along lovely in that yard it was only when the houses started coming empty that I would say the conditions were crap

The Hewitts were good friends of ours & occasionally went on holiday with our family to Cleethorpes . I still have a photo of Harry sitting near the paddling pool. Happy days

Did you live just above Freeman's only I can remember your name I am one of the Millington's we have a lot of happy memories and laugh's about all the things my mum and elsie used to get up to.I remember elsie once bought a cup from Rossington's she held it in her hand in her kitchen and said the woman in the shop showed me this it is an unbreakable cup she just held it at arm's length and said watch well she let go and we all looked at each other in shock as the cup broke as it hit the floor we laughed for years after that.

does anyone remember john townsend, glenn pickard, john curton, or david downes, they were all mates of mine at sometime.

does anyone remember malcolm jolly,freddy davison/ davidson and michael tootil from the worksop road area? I remember micheals parents ran the liberal club and freddy lived behind the tripe shop. ah happy days!

hi buddyshuddy; freddy davison was he dugies brother who died last year?

I was born in Attercliffe Baker Street 1944 and lived there for 21 years went to Huntsmans Gardens school till I was 11 what a place do you have memories just the cinemas the pubs the shops open until turned 10 o clock on a Saturday you could buy anything from down the cliffe.

hi gordon3, did you ever go to the central dance hall on a saturday night?

My Ma was born on Colwall St across from Banners in 1931,7 daughters in family,she says they never had to leave cliffe for town,had it all down there.

hi dinnerlady i did not live on shirland lane i lived on Baker Street I went to a dance above burtons at the bottom of Staniforth Road only once Bossyboots I did not like it.Bit to old for me

Hi

Does anyone remember my grandparents -

Edith and Lewis Lant of Lant's fish and chips, Attercliffe Common? Or my Dad, Ian who went to Coleridge Road School.

Hi Dinnerlady, We lived at 33 Bodmin St. next to Huntsmans Garden. I went to school there from 1937 to 44 & loved it. Dad used to do a few electrical jobs for Harry. I remember Harry getting us out of bed around 6 a.m. when on holiday & walking with us down to a cafe where we had a mug of hot tea spliced with scotch supplied by Harry. We kids thought it was great but I don't know if mum would have approved if she had known :o:o

Hello Gosling

I went to Huntsmans Gardens about the same time as you, I left at age 11 in 1945.

Do you remember Mrs Taylor? She was Ramsden before she married.

Wonderful memories of my years in Attercliffe.

I remember the names but lost touch with them.

Joe Ashton was in my class, he is the only one I met in years.

Sheila Jolly, Maureen King, Margaret Dove..

Anybody out there remember Margaret Wain?