Flower Estate Families And History

My husband was a Powell. They lived at 21 Clematis Rd after moving from Jessamine Road in the 40's. The Powells were at Clematis for 40 years until the 90's.

No not one of the myers family.just know the family very well

Me too saw Mark this week

Dont know Andrew grasscutter but if he,s got a brother called Robert and his dad is called Fred then i know them cos i work with em.

Also i used to hang around on the flower estate round that time,mainly round Foxglove Rd.Used to hang with Mick Walker,Nigel Tranter,Robert Stocks...... if that rings any bells ??

:banana::)

Those names ring a bell to me as I'm one of them, been a long time since I thought of the people on the flower estate and a longer time since I've been back....:hihi: would be good to know who this is and I'll see if I can put a name to a face....

Those names ring a bell to me as I'm one of them, been a long time since I thought of the people on the flower estate and a longer time since I've been back....:hihi: would be good to know who this is and I'll see if I can put a name to a face....

Hi,oldngrey,I,m Paul,used to hang about with those guys(you ???).I,m tivvys cousin if that means owt to ya!.Dont think you ever knew my surname.If you are one of that lot youlle remember the trip to Blackpool on the train with batchelors(courtasy of Nigels mom),and the Hartley House Club trip to Skeggy on the half empty coach,lol.Hope this jogs ya memory.

Paul.

Hi,oldngrey,I,m Paul,used to hang about with those guys(you ???).I,m tivvys cousin if that means owt to ya!.Dont think you ever knew my surname.If you are one of that lot youlle remember the trip to Blackpool on the train with batchelors(courtasy of Nigels mom),and the Hartley House Club trip to Skeggy on the half empty coach,lol.Hope this jogs ya memory.

Paul.

Hi Paul, it's Nigel and it was my mom that worked at batchelors all those years ago. I do remember you (sort of... :P) and the trips that we made. I guess that you're still in Sheffield would be good to know what you've been up too and if you still Tivvy and the guys you mentioned?

Nige

Wincobank Avenue was the one.

It used to take me about 2 minutes to get to school ('bout 20 yards away)

What hapened to the pub was it the "Roman Ridge " we used to drive past it on the way to my Aunts on Newman Road

What hapened to the pub was it the "Roman Ridge " we used to drive past it on the way to my Aunts on Newman Road

the ridge and Horseshoe were both levelled because of drugs and violence was sat in ridge one night with tommy cockin and coppers stormed in with machine guns f**k me me ar*e was nipping that night :hihi:

my wife is looking for anyone who attended shiregreen school bracken rd.1960-65.and anyone from honeysuckle rd. her name was sussan wayland.

can anybody remember the house fire on honeysuckle rd.in 1976?"me my mum and my 3 brothers lost my dad in the fire". my mum woke up after smelling the smoke. she got all out ov the up stairs windows.the cause ov the fire wos my dad falling asleep with a cig.and my dad paid the ultimate price?? he woz sadly missed.? R.I.P.

Was it Wildgoose during the fireman's strike, the names Tommy and Mick spring to mind.