How did First's strike affect you?

Hopefully stagecoach will take on more routes in Sheffield as they're cheaper...

That's only because they operate a smaller network than First, compete directly with First and don't operate all the time.

What ever it is they're asking for I hope they don't get it.:rant:

Why? So they strike even more? :confused:

To make up for the inconvenience of their childish strikes I say all First bus drivers should be forced to work Xmas Day and Boxing Day this year with no overtime pay. Any that refuse will get the boot.

It is Ok for them having the day off but thousands of passengers cannot travel to visit relatives etc because of it. It is about time they put passengers first and not drivers.

Does anyone notice that when either the buses are on strike or we have a problem with traffic lights that the traffic flows much better?

Quite right. Imagine if all the restrictions and bossiness and special lanes were removed altogether, how much better everything would work.

There'd be a few job losses at the council of people who make up more and more rules for a living

First's weekly tickets are cheaper than Stagecoach though. I pay £9 a week and can use 5 different buses, well, if they're running I can.:D

Err that may be a special offer for one route or something however the weekly Sheffield Stagecoach ticket is £4 cheaper (and you can use the trams)

Personally with the last strike a few months ago I simply used to travelsouthyorkshire website to discover that i can get to work via stagecoach and its faster and i have to walk a shorter distance.

Cheers First bus drivers, i now pay stagecoach less per month that i paid First.

I had to ask my boss for different hours, so that I could work at all. I relied on a lift on the way home from another person which added 2 hours to my already 9 hour day. I do not have a car so i had to live near a bus route to work, the strike affected me badly. I was hopping mad when I found out the strike was on sunday, when there are no other buses that first running. that was a snide thumbing of the nose on the part of the workforce.

To make up for the inconvenience of their childish strikes I say all First bus drivers should be forced to work Xmas Day and Boxing Day this year with no overtime pay. Any that refuse will get the boot.

It is Ok for them having the day off but thousands of passengers cannot travel to visit relatives etc because of it. It is about time they put passengers first and not drivers.

Are you working xmas day and boxing day???? :loopy:

[/b]

Are you working xmas day and boxing day???? :loopy:

no - but I have not inconvenienced the public with a strike. Getting Xmas Day off is a privelidge not a right and they have not, in my opinion, earned that privelidge this year.

I would however exempt any driver who worked through the strike (if any did) from this as htye have shown more responsibility than those who went on strike.

no - but I have not inconvenienced the public with a strike. Getting Xmas Day off is a privelidge not a right and they have not, in my opinion, earned that privelidge this year.

I would however exempt any driver who worked through the strike (if any did) from this as htye have shown more responsibility than those who went on strike.

I try to not get into a debate on her with one single person but i dont see why anyone has to earn the right for xmas day off! dont really know where you are coming from on this one - the reason why buses dont run on those days is because it is not cost affective to do so, so you would waste money and damage the enviorment more just as a punishment for those who are striking for the working conditions the drivers have to endure on a daily basis from the management, wonder if you would be so 'for' if you did something wrong in your job and you were punished the way you think the drivers should be punished!!!

at the end of the day the drivers are striking for there right to decent working conditions and i support them fully. :)

I try to not get into a debate on her with one single person but i dont see why anyone has to earn the right for xmas day off! dont really know where you are coming from on this one

That is actually easy to see, he has a problem with buses and at every given opportunity slags them off. Do what the rest of us do and ignore him.

i saw a guy on bbc news this morning talking about strikes in general. he said that the key problem is employees lack of trust in management!

i think that says it all really.

strikes are awful things, but sometimes its the only way to get a resolution!