Are xbox360's becoming a problem for children?

for todays youth?

i have to say, it concerns me that children play in isolation like this for so many hours

am sure it must have effects on their social skills, ability to communicate, levels of aggression - not to mention their health :(

Be worried because a new C.O.D is out in november, its called modern warfare 2, im guessing it'll be on his christmas list.

oh, he's been bangin on about that for the last months.. its £80.00 :o

Tell him that if he doesn't think he's getting enough time on it, he can get up an hour earlier for some time on it before school.

that is a very good idea :)

get it flashed saves alot of money in the long run and teach him how to do his own games thats what we do very cheap 50p a game

Guest sibon

So, don't buy it.

Offer him £80 to spend on something that offers face to face human contact instead. If he doesn't like that, take yourself for a good night out with the cash you have saved.

get it flashed saves alot of money in the long run and teach him how to do his own games thats what we do very cheap 50p a game

That is also illegal, will void warrantee, and could result in the gamer account being banned from xBox Live and no more online playing as a result...

If you continue to break the rules and make new Live accounts, they will eventually ban the console's ID# which will result in not been able to play online ever with that console..

he keeps going on about turtle beaches n dazz;ers n stuff. i wonder if that is owt to do with flashing?

I think its just like anything else in life, its about getting the balance right.

Make sure he does other things aswel like sports n still goes out with his mates other wise he will lose social skills (social skills arent just gained from communicating in text chat or microphone chat).

But am Im assuming he still goes to school and hopefully does his homework then as long as he isnt having any health side effects such as headaches or putting weight on then let him use his spare time as he wishes :)

But also remember you are the parent and if you think 9pm is late enough then enforce it. Dont let him think he can choose the time he wants to come off it. Give him boundries and routines and he will in the lon run respect you for it :)

that way he would get bored of it we dont have live so does not matter to us. no wounder he plays the box he does not need to see them coz there right there in his room lol if it concerns you that much dont buy the live i think its normal for him to be playing it and make him earn the money for games by doing household chores then u get to see him and he will be earning games not given them for no reason

I think its just like anything else in life, its about getting the balance right.

Make sure he does other things aswel like sports n still goes out with his mates other wise he will lose social skills (social skills arent just gained from communicating in text chat or microphone chat).

But am Im assuming he still goes to school and hopefully does his homework then as long as he isnt having any health side effects such as headaches or putting weight on then let him use his spare time as he wishes :)

he is going to school........ but only just! he is still slim so has not put any weight on but it just cannot be good for him couped up in that room stinking to high heaven n getting all stressed when he is killed.

i just cant seemed to get him intrested in anything else and after a massive barny with him tonight it is now confiscated for the foreseeable future.

he used to love playing footie n bike riding n such but since i bought him this year long live thing he has completely changed.:(

I believe the cheapest version will be £45-£50, just the basic one. You can get one version at £150 in which you get some night vision goggles :hihi:

talk to him and tell him thats how you feel and from now on there will be rules and if he breaks them he will loose it again he will soon behave again give him a time frame like 3 hour a day and he gets to pick the 3 hour within reason ul get attitude but he will come round he needs to know whos boss before its to late