Why did the government spend so much money helping foreign car makers?

Is it because the labour party are scum who have no loyalty towards English workers whatsoever so long as they can keep lining their own pockets?

Perhaps it's because English people dont want to buy English cars?

:hihi::hihi::hihi:....the naivety of the comment!:hihi:

It was actually a question rather than a comment? But since you ask , I believe that the present government have NO loyalty whatsoever to the English workers. They probably spent English taxpayers money on an unworkable scrappage scheme knowing that it would benefit foreigners. All that they really care about is feathering their own nests (expenses etc) and sucking up to their European chums. Why else would Bliar get the presidency?

He has SOLD THE BRITISH WORKER down the river!

Do you have issues with 'Jonny Foreigner'??

It was actually a question rather than a comment? But since you ask , I believe that the present government have NO loyalty whatsoever to the English workers. They probably spent English taxpayers money on an unworkable scrappage scheme knowing that it would benefit foreigners. All that they really care about is feathering their own nests (expenses etc) and sucking up to their European chums. Why else would Bliar get the presidency?

He has SOLD THE BRITISH WORKER down the river!

It does on reflection appear an ill conceived scheme, but as others have said there are thousands employed in the car industry in the UK who will be benefitting-car sales, accesories, maintenance etc.

:hihi::hihi::hihi:....the naivety of the comment!:hihi:

I'm pleased to have caused you some amusement, but I dont get the joke, could you help me with the punchline? Thanks

I'm pleased to have caused you some amusement, but I dont get the joke, could you help me with the punchline? Thanks

No. You do need help as you have said. Unfortunately I am not medically qualified.

All that they really care about is feathering their own nests (expenses etc) !

All parties are equally responsible , joined up thinking is required.

No. You do need help as you have said. Unfortunately I am not medically qualified.

I'm not disputing any of that, but please tell me if there are other reasons British people buy British manufactured cars in small numbers, other than it being personal prference?

Do you have issues with 'Jonny Foreigner'??

Being pro British does not make you anti-'Jonny Foreigner' :roll:

Being pro British does not make you anti-'Jonny Foreigner' :roll:

Correct, but untamed has been on rants around the forum all day.

They have clear issues with this.

You can also have a :roll: in return for the one that you so kindly gave me.

Edited by Salster!
Spelling etc

Is that a reason to use taxpayer's money to subsidise cars made abroad at the expense of British jobs?

Is that a reason to use taxpayer's money to subsidise cars made abroad at the expense of British jobs?

No, I said earlier that on reflection the scheme appears to have been ill conceived.

But a spin off has been the benefits to UK car sales & maintenance, although this won't have been the primary reason for the scheme's introduction.