I'm really angry about parking issues at Asda Handworth

it does stretch the patience of any one daring to 'hunt gather' on their day off. Handsworth asda was particulaly bad today, i found a spot quickly and was lucky enough to get in without a fight.

Can't say I've ever had any problems parking there, although it is always packed wih cars near the door lol

asda at hanndsworth doesnt have enough child parking spaces anyway in my opinion, i have always had a nightmare parking there, now i shop elsewhere

asda at hanndsworth doesnt have enough child parking spaces anyway in my opinion, i have always had a nightmare parking there, now i shop elsewhere

Please forgive my ignorance but what is the difference between a parking space and a child parking space?

they offer parent and child bays at some large stores to accommodate the problems associated with getting young children/babies out of the car safely and into buggys/trollys and then back in again.

I have had similar problems with people parking in these bays at tesco.

Just people being selfish. Just try to keep calm. You cant be offended by people you have no respect for!

it was an absolute nightmare in there today, there are too many flows of traffic in and not enough flows of traffic out.

we were sat waiting behind someone who was sat waiting for a parent and child space and he parked in the middle of the road so no one could get round him!!!!!!!!

yes mr. silver space bus peugeot you caused mayhem!!!

Please forgive my ignorance but what is the difference between a parking space and a child parking space?

People with children need extra space to get the kids out safely, and maybe space for the putting-up of a pushchair. Even if kids are too old for the pushchair - they are not as careful as adults when opening the doors - so it avoids damage to the car next to it!

That's so rude! It really frustrates me when people abuse these spaces. My Dad has MS and can barely walk these days and has to use a wheelchair a lot of the time so he really needs the extra space of a blue badge bay. It also annoys me because if people are having to struggle with wheelchairs or pushchairs without the extra space of the blue badge or child bays they end up having to struggle with them in the lanes reserved for cars to drive in, which creates a hazard and a delay for everyone else just because one person has been selfish. Grrr!!:rant:

They cant just turn up and say its reserved and as for the dirty looks id have flipped 2 fingers up at him you should have got his registration and reported him instore

parent and child spaces have bigger spaces around them so you can open your door wider when you have to get a child out of a car seat and youcan usually get your pram down the side of the car witch make it safer...!!

and usually they are closer to the enterance but people really abuse them !!!

There's something about supermarkets (both inside and out) that seems to bring out the worst in people. I'm 7th months pregnant, and was really struggling after queuing at a check out in Morrisons yesterday, only to have another women who had just turned up with her booze laden trolley shove straight in in front of me yesterday. Grrrrrr.

Would make an interesting study: supermarket shopping = breakdown of basic social skills and politeness. I much prefer shopping in local shops when practical. as in my experience, other customers tend to be much more polite and considerate!

People with children need extra space to get the kids out safely, and maybe space for the putting-up of a pushchair. Even if kids are too old for the pushchair - they are not as careful as adults when opening the doors - so it avoids damage to the car next to it!

It's a wonder that anyone in the 70's and 80's lived to tell the tale of being a child when parent and child spaces didn't exist.

Either that, or they're not quite as necessary as some make out.