Can you remember your first wage and how much ?

I'm not sure it counts as a wage as I was on a training scheme but after leaving school I went to Kennings at Tenter Street in 1991 and I got £35pw.

I was a trainee body repairer but sadly the body shop moved to Dronfield so I left to go work for my Dad as a trainee telephone engineer. There I earned around £60pw.  

The job wasn't as much fun but the extra money helped me pursue my hobby of getting hammered at the weekend. 

I got £4 9s 5d a week as an apprentice electrician at F H Wheelers  in 1968.  Late summer of '68 I was deployed at Dunford Hadfields Vulcan Road and having worked 7 days I got £6 4s 2d and my mother wanted some extra "board" off me that week.  She went on to be a mercenary in Angola - no she didn't I made that up but times were hard for my parents in those days.

11.5 pence an hour for 48 hour week

My first wage was £3. 17.6, worked in Wiggies  on Hilsborough 1955  6.

£6 a week from Reclaim on Claywheels Lane! £2 a day for THAT?! Eh?! :rant: :loopy: 

And it was deemed suitable for disabled people! Stood up all day in a mucky recycling Plant? Pardon?! :loopy: 

Normally I would've thrown the insulting "pay packet" back and gone on a long :rant: about the inequality of "pay" because all the workers were on benefits and couldn't earn much without the DWP jumped on them with sanctions but I thought I'd best not, plus Mum was so proud that day that I'd earned 3 days' wages! Yeah, 2 quid a day for a job I hated every single second of!

Fortunately this was in 2002 and all those kind of places are long gone! I still can't get a job though!

My first wage in 1965 was £3. 17s 6p in real money as a junior wages clerk at Firth Brown Tools.

My first wage in 1960 was from Howell & co. As an apprentice fitter I earned £2/13/6 per week.
They knew how to spoil a lad in those days👍

My first wage was £6. 13shillings (£5. 15shillings after tax) at the age of 18 as a Commercial Apprentice at Osborn Mushet Tools in 1968. When I retired in 2017 my annual salary was £43,000 working as a Development Manager for a well-known business lobbying organisation. Life certainly has its ups and downs.