Can you remember your first wage and how much ?

Was that Jackson's the Tailors by any chance?

Duffems

No, Alexandre the Tailors, where the H Samuel shop is.

Total Posts: 562

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tofty View Post

£3/17/6 was my first wage at Wilson Peck in 1963.

I'd have worked at Wilson Peck in the 60s for nowt! Were you there when Frank White bought his white Gibson double neck?

Are we talking the Frank White who was with Dave Berry sorry to go

off subject.

Yes, the same! He ordered this special guitar from America, Willy Pecks were the only shop that could get it for him.

My first wage was £6.50 per week in 1972..it was at a supermarket and it was 40 hours a week.:(

I wonder who will be able to come on with the earliest wage packet...:huh:

they will be showing their age then wont they:D

I earned 25 shillings a week working at Flathers in 1947. I'm 78 years old. While I was finishing high school I made a pound a week delivering groceries on a bike, seven and a tanner delivering the Sheffield Telegraph and four bob on a Saturday morning as a printer's devil. Edited by buck

Saturday girl on the rag market, from 8 am to 5 pm, in 1969 or 70, ONE POUND!

In 1973 one pound would pay for 7 pints of cheap beer and a packet of crisps in the student bar. I used to take 2 pounds out of the bank to do my student shopping for the week and have a night out on Saturday. Help I'm turning into my mother

Hi grinder re star started as a messinger boy 1952 in subs mr fernley mr gooseman editor did about 6 months running up and down after sub editors

promoted to the depths dispatch dept but found that i went down with ink poison advised to leave by doctors still can remember a few more names if interested

I earned 25 shillings a week working at Flathers in 1947. I'm 78 years old. While I was finishing high school I made a pound a week delivering groceries on a bike, seven and a tanner delivering the Sheffield Telegraph and four bob on a Saturday morning as a printer's devil.

My dad worked at Flathers used to love going to the Christmas parties there.

Aye, they were great

3 guineas a week. i left school at 15 in 1963 and started as a app bricklayer for an evil old tw@t from wadsley .i worked out at dore and totley for him in winter, slave labour, it was so cold i"ll never forget it .i wish he was still alive today so could go round and kill him

Hi you wealthy people. My first job was at George Binns Cambridge St. I was filing clerk. My pay was 32/6 per week. Dad took the 30shillings and he gave me 2/6 pence for tram fare. Never seemed to go without anything tho. but then we never expected anything either. that was in 1951 I think. Good old days not too sure about that one.

Vera.

I started at English Steel Corp on Brightside Lane on 5 Sept 1960 at 2 pounds17shillings and 6 pence per week as a Research Trainee !

John

Wonder if you knew him

Cyril Lingard