Can you remember your first wage and how much ?

I remember my first wage packet way back in 1977

It was £15.25 :o for a 37 hour week as an office junior in Sheffield cty centre

what I cant understand, I went out 3 nights a week, bought clothes, make up, bus fares etc....how did I do it :huh:

I think half a lager at that time was 15p :roll:

`77 for me too at Fletchers Bakery. I got 38 quid a week but I worked six days and was up at 4 am in the week and 3 am on Saturday.

Mine was in '78.My first wage was £30.00. I was a first year apprentice but got more than the others because i was 18. It sounds like you two are the same age.

Mine was in '78.My first wage was £30.00. I was a first year apprentice but got more than the others because i was 18. It sounds like you two are the same age.

well I guess you were born 1960:hihi: just a year older than me then

women were still second class citizens in them days I guess :roll:

1976 just over £20 as I remember but that was a kings ransom then especially for a 16 year old.

When I first started drinking I remember going to the bar with a £1 note getting a pint of larger half a larger and lime and having change for the jukebox / bandit oh happy days.:D

Edited by Grandad.Malky

I was ripped off....£15.25 :rant:

everybody was on more than me :mad:

My first week as a junior messenger at the Midland Bank's 'Market Place' branch (it's now the Banker's Draft pub) was in October 1970. I got £13/7/- plus 12/- "large town allowance". That's £13.35 + 60p for youngsters who don't remember real money..;)

Of the 38 quid I earned, 30 of it went to board and keep for me, The remaining eight quid had to last me for the week.

My first wage as a Saturday girl on a cooked meat stall on the market was £5. My first full time wage as an 18 year old trainee houseparent in a children's home was £25 a week for 40 a hour week. I lived in so I got free bed and board. Both were in the 1970's.

I wonder who will be able to come on with the earliest wage packet...:huh:

they will be showing their age then wont they:D