Man Utd market man

ive noticed alot of threads recently about notable peope in sheffield, just wondering if the skinny bloke with the old man utd kit on still walks in/around the market.

think he works on one of the fish stalls or something but even in winter he always had that old man utd kit on even with the shorts and socks, is he still around?

Don't recognise the kit but there is a guy still walks round the market place. Any weather in football shorts and knee high socks. He's not a full shilling but a nice enough chap. Yep hes still bobbing around

Don't recognise the kit but there is a guy still walks round the market place. Any weather in football shorts and knee high socks. He's not a full shilling but a nice enough chap. Yep hes still bobbing around

i thank its an old man u kit anway, thats all I saw him in, seems harmless but ive seen him around the market for just over 10 years now

wonder where he will go when it gets knocked down

I saw Alan in the Moor market this morning, shouting to the stallholders. It was the first time I have seen him in there since it opened but someone who works there told me he has been in there a lot.

I saw Alan in the Moor market this morning, shouting to the stallholders. It was the first time I have seen him in there since it opened but someone who works there told me he has been in there a lot.

Thats a bit strange as it was on this forum a while ago that he was banned from the market. He's a strange un but lovely harmless chap. Glad hes back in the market wouldnt be the same without him.

Thats a bit strange as it was on this forum a while ago that he was banned from the market. He's a strange un but lovely harmless chap. Glad hes back in the market wouldnt be the same without him.

He may have been shouting at stallholders from the customer side of the stalls, of course. Angela P never specifies why he was shouting at them, and what side of the counters he was on.

I can't imagine the Health and Safety regs have been relaxed to allow him to work there again. Nobody has suggested he has been banned from the building, that would be absurd.

Edited by Vegas1

He was on the customer side of the counters, he wasn't doing any work. As for what he was shouting about, it is difficult to tell what he is saying but I think it was something to do with football.

I was surprised to see him in there as I had also read that he had been banned from the building, and as I had never seen him in there in 18 months thought it must be true.

He will have been banned from the non-customer areas of the building (loading bays and the like), nothing more.